2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

I can always wheelsuck for as far / fast I can, and then drop out and complete the ride on my own. Used to riding on my own, but need some tempo riding to get up to racing form.

Sure you won't mind me huffing and puffing at the back.

If I dont do Langebaan I might just join you at the back but I dont think they will burn me off that quick. I can always say I dropped back to accompany you.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I dont do Langebaan I might just join you at the back but I dont think they will burn me off that quick. I can always say I dropped back to accompany you.

It'll be lekka to meet you, Cippo'.

Well Burger entry done and dusted. After the race fees who still has money to buy a t-shirt.

Will bring the koeksisters for carboloading, wiff coconut of course.

I can't resist them...

drool.gif

Have you had ones made by Muslim aunties?

drool.gif

I dont do the twisty sweet ones, only Malay koeksisters. My mother inlaw is the Muslim aunty. Lol

I dont do the twisty sweet ones, only Malay koeksisters. My mother inlaw is the Muslim aunty. Lol

Twisty - NO.

Puffy, with cinnamon & cocoa flakes... YES

Will bring the koeksisters for carboloading, wiff coconut of course.

You'll have to bring enough, then. drool.gif drool.gif

What's the odds of an outsider joining?

Ehhhrrr... and it'll most likely be hanging off the back as well! I suspect a 33 ave won't quite see me. I did it in about a 32 last year, and then I was road fit (but suffered a bit with headache). So Wannabe, if you're looking for company there may be more! whistling.gif

Haven't been on my road bike... basically since my 2 min's of Argus, just a short ride or two in the winter. And just came from leave, so will only get back on the mtb properly tonight. So I have no idea what my shape is like (the one who says "round" won't win a prize...unsure.png ), esp on the road bike. Setup has changed a bit, so comfort may become an issue... who knows?!

That all said, I am free at this stage for the 17th, but it's Nov, so all kinds of craziness may still appear on the calendar before then.

SeaBee, I did not call this specific ride, but knowing Puncheur, he'll say "Make da circle beega".

And I won't mind some company at the back. whistling.gif

@ Puncheur , what time are you planning to roll with ride on the 17th and will it be from the garage as well near Hellshoogte.

@ Puncheur , what time are you planning to roll with ride on the 17th and will it be from the garage as well near Hellshoogte.

0630 on Sat 17

Garage at foot of Helz.

Mostly League and/or A-E riders.

Training goal - Tempo training @ 32-33 km/h; attacking the ascents.

Wannabe, okay if I join you guys this weekend (maybe) instead of going on Puncheur's outing of next weekend? The inevitable happened and it looks like I'm unavailable next week.

That is if I manage to win the battle with the spiders that surely by this time took posession of my road bike! whistling.gif