UCI announces top 15 teams for 2013 WorldTour

jcza

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Katusha taking this to court.

Katusha CEO Igor Makarov has the arsenal to fight. According to Forbes, he is the 854th richest man in the world, with $1.5 billion to his name. He presides over the Russian Cycling Federation and Russian natural gas giant Itera.

Read more at velonews.

Katusha taking this to court.

Katusha CEO Igor Makarov has the arsenal to fight. According to Forbes, he is the 854th richest man in the world, with $1.5 billion to his name. He presides over the Russian Cycling Federation and Russian natural gas giant Itera.

Read more at velonews.

Hmm, yeah, this bit interested me though -

And there’s also the political angle with Katusha team boss Igor Makarov sitting on the UCI’s own management committee. He must be red with rage right now and it’ll be interesting to see if he reacts, especially given whispered ambitions to run the UCI or place his man Andrei Tchmil into this role. Plus Russia is negotiating with the UCI to get a World Tour Race (perhaps a WSC event) and a decision on this is expected in May 2013 but Russian cycling officials might well have had enough of the UCI.

I recon they will end up getting a license.