Langebaan Lagoon Cycle Challenge

Cippo

Looking forward to it. Got my bike on Wednesday and haven't been on a bike in over 8 years!! Could get interesting...

post-39827-0-84810800-1353009921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy_GT_K3.0

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it. Got my bike on Wednesday and haven't been on a bike in over 8 years!! Could get interesting...

Schweet!!

Have to say, i love the whole 'stunning ride, great views' vibe but I promise you the majority of the views I ever see are either the inside of my eyeballs, the next 10m of tarmac (and any wheels in that space) or my legs turning as i will them on...

Still yet to finish a race other than the argus where I took in any view apart from the road in front and the steady ticking of the distance on my computer.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I believe the rollers are not going to help.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I believe the rollers are not going to help.

you're not talking about indoor trainers are you...

you're not talking about indoor trainers are you...

Nope, I hate IDTs. I've borrowed one and did about 10min on it and never again.

I've been told that the entire race is just rolling hills.

Edited by MichaelD

Have to say, i love the whole 'stunning ride, great views' vibe but I promise you the majority of the views I ever see are either the inside of my eyeballs, the next 10m of tarmac (and any wheels in that space) or my legs turning as i will them on...

Still yet to finish a race other than the argus where I took in any view apart from the road in front and the steady ticking of the distance on my computer.

Haha, this is also true. From what I've heard this is quite a fast race so may not be wise to look around too much. A def no-go if in a bunch so here's to hoping for at least some views.

They must call this the Langebaan Lagoon Rollercoaster. Those rollers just never stopped. Wind was ok but some drafting was needed. My group was pushing the pace and we even caught the group before us. I know why they call it Mamba Hill now. Very short but steep gradient. Road surface for first 20km was very shaky. All in all a very nice ride.

They must call this the Langebaan Lagoon Rollercoaster. Those rollers just never stopped. Wind was ok but some drafting was needed. My group was pushing the pace and we even caught the group before us. I know why they call it Mamba Hill now. Very short but steep gradient. Road surface for first 20km was very shaky. All in all a very nice ride.

Daai mamba pik, Boeta!

Well done.

MAMBA freakin HILL...... Bliksem, had me cramping all the way to the top! Short rollers made for eina legs, and the tar surface a bit wobbly. All in all not a bad ride for me. Furtherst I have ever gone. Dodging a few turtles/tortoise and huge logust but the scenery was beautifull! Realised I need to train abit harder this week!

MAMBA freakin HILL...... Bliksem, had me cramping all the way to the top! Short rollers made for eina legs, and the tar surface a bit wobbly. All in all not a bad ride for me. Furtherst I have ever gone. Dodging a few turtles/tortoise and huge logust but the scenery was beautifull! Realised I need to train abit harder this week!

Brave you are, Mickey Mouse.

Great prep for die Burger.

:-)

Had a lekker ride, loved the scenery.

My chain fell off 4 times cursing.gif . Kind of messed up the racing element, but allowed for nice site-seeing. Have to get that chain shifting sorted out before Die Burger.

The van is so big, my bikes fit in no problem.

Capcha, thanks again for the lift. I really didnt want to take the drive back myself. Enjoy the 94.7

Had a lekker ride, loved the scenery.

My chain fell off 4 times cursing.gif . Kind of messed up the racing element, but allowed for nice site-seeing. Have to get that chain shifting sorted out before Die Burger.

You lose your bunch when you did a Schleck?

Hope not.