Langebaan Lagoon Cycle Challenge

Cippo

Stumpnose Rock, aka Mamba Hill.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/D815C634-C123-4508-9F5C-8E628ECABC66-2654-000001D2D766251A.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has done this one? I am looking at doing this for the first time. Would appreciate any feedback from hubbers and what to expect from route. Finish is on Mamba Hill. Is it quite tough at the finish and how far is it from the start? Here is the link to PPA page and event. Anybody have a profile and aerial route map? Thanks in advance.

http://www.pedalpowe...le-challenge-2/

http://www.lagoonchallenge.co.za/

Hi there I did the 30km last year and wasnt very fit and had to walk the mamba.

This year Im doing the 80km and last weekend we went for a practise ride.

I can tell you that I only walked 200m on mamba hill and Im rideding a mtb.

Hope you will enjoy it and Im sure that mamba wont be that difficult for you.

The ending is on mamba hill and then you have to ride 4km to the event were we started but ist downhill then.

Granted, but where is it? There is a hill close to waters edge as you leave Langebaan heading out into reserve, is that it. I cant see the sense in heading out and finishing race on other side of lagoon.

You finish were we started at Sanparks Office. You ride about 40km and come back again to finish were we started. Hope this is helpfull

Stumpnose Rock, aka Mamba Hill.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/D815C634-C123-4508-9F5C-8E628ECABC66-2654-000001D2D766251A.jpg

Daai Mamba lyk asof hy kan pik...

ph34r.png

Lagoon Challenge is a very lekker fast pace ride if you have no wind factor.... and that Mamba Hill is only 500m in length and not that bad, however, walking speed is usually faster than riding speed up that hillblink.png .... Worth the challenge.... (PS. never walked it yet though..... Slowest up there was 7km/h blush.png)

Edit = typo

Edited by Buzzman

You finish were we started at Sanparks Office. You ride about 40km and come back again to finish were we started. Hope this is helpfull

Tx, @ alsoran posted a map. I have a pretty good idea of route now.

Daai Mamba lyk asof hy kan pik...

ph34r.png

Lots of talk of snakes this weekend. Lets hope no one gets bitten by the real snakes. Btw AFAIK, Tygerberg hospital is only hospital in Western Cape with anti-snake venom.

Edited by MCipollini

Staying at Swartriet this weekend. Making it a family weekend. Can't wait for this ride, it is part of my training for the Burger. I really need it.

Staying at Swartriet this weekend. Making it a family weekend. Can't wait for this ride, it is part of my training for the Burger. I really need it.

Yep taking the missus and the baby and staying in Langebaan for Friday night. First time we are going away since the baby was born.

Should be interesting.

Lagoon Challenge is a very lekker fast pace ride if you have no wind factor.... and that Mamba Hill is only 500m in length and not that bad, however, walking speed is usually faster than riding speed up that hillblink.png .... Worth the challenge.... (PS. never walked it yet though..... Slowest up there was 7km/h blush.png)

Edit = typo

How steep is it?

Gradient?

I love steep climbs.

Nice lil' bunch breaker...

You probably correct in it being a bunch breaker, however in plain simple South African English terms and description, it is K@K Steep and the finish line is directly at the top of the hill.... So no stopping there, you have to keep moving past the finish line to prevent any mishaps.... thumbup1.gif