Roval carbon fibre rims cracked!

sharkysa

Bike is less than a year old and found out today both rims are cracked! Wtf is this a warranty issue? Have not crashed the bike ever!

Bike is less than a year old and found out today both rims are cracked! Wtf is this a warranty issue? Have not crashed the bike ever!

u able to take pics to show us?

Wheels are tricky.

Guess send them to manufacturer or distributor and they'll assess.

Your LBS should guide you.

You didn't try impersonate Martin Ashton, right?

Carbon wheels are really susceptible to damage from hitting bumps, aka potholes and stones.

As to a carbon frame.... they shouldn't crack if you don't give them a reason to (weight, crashing, excessive output power tongue.png )

Exceptions to the above of course are manufacturing defects.

Edited by Bianchi

I just think its odd that both rims fail with the frame? I have never had a crash with the bike and it 10months old?

Now I need a replacement bike before W2W, what are the chances. Lbs recons specialized will not replace rims but will do the frame if they had stock. If the roval carbon wheels cannot handle my riding over 9 months then I am skeptical on carbon MTB rims. Apparently because the crack starts from the outside then it's not a defect, really? Must run from the inside out? I feel a fight brewing....