Done

Mic

To me I would think bigger, but I think you need to ride both large and small,and then make the call.

Also depends on make of bike though.Help from a experienced person is best, as there is also other factors involved as well.

We have pretty much the exact same measurements, and a large feels way too big for me. My opinion, nothing other than medium for you, but you would need to take what feels best for you.

I base my reasoning on the fact that I am 1,72 on a medium frame,it is ok size,but for you if you want to use a short stem (often considered better) I think you would be cramped by the top tube lenght (to short) but as stated best is to demo ride before buy.

Definitely medium.

I'm 1.83 and ride both medium and large, depending on the bike. Generally, I prefer a medium, even though I'm "supposed" to be a large.

XC you can go for a large, trail/AM go for a Medium.

just my 1.5cents on what i feel. i am 1.84 and ride a scott spark medium and i love it, but i ride alot more trail than XC so the manueverability makes a big difference to me.

Depends on the make

26 or 29er?

Some 26" mediums have a 58 top tube and some larges have a 58cm top tube.

It's a 26" bmc dual sus.

Med top tube 595. 44,5 cm frame

Large TT. 610. 48,5 cm frame

Hope I can get some advice. I'm looking at buying a new dual sus mtb. I fall exactly on the 18/19" split, m/l.

I'm 1'77 and my inside leg is 84

What do you guys recommend, is it better to have a big slightly bigger or slightly smaller. Which is better.

Thanks

Get a proper bike fit in this case

you should be a medium just on the face of it, I'm 186cm with a saddle height of 77.2cm and riding a Pivot medium although I was on a large Anthem 29er

but best get a proper independent fit, a smaller frame could mean raising your saddle to much and making more drop on the bars which could be uncomfortable

I like to keep the steerer tube as short as possible to avoid flex

if you get a proper fit its the best spent money nothing worse than dropping 20K + and finding you're not comfy

the same if a bikes to big it can be unwieldy

That's what I was thinking, the meadium feels very small once I get into from the large. If I go with a medium I will def have to go with a longer stem, like 110.

So maybe a large will be more comfy as for the seat height and low handle bars.

The seat is on 74 cm which is on max on the medium?

Hope I can get some advice. I'm looking at buying a new dual sus mtb. I fall exactly on the 18/19" split, m/l.

I'm 1'77 and my inside leg is 84

What do you guys recommend, is it better to have a big slightly bigger or slightly smaller. Which is better.

Thanks

I'm 179 with a 84cm in seam and a 75cm saddle height so we're pretty close. Used to ride Med bikes, but since I've started running shorter stems I've found that I run out of space in the top tube. No ways I'm going back to longer stems so hav opted to go for a Large in both my bikes. Perfect fit.

I am 182 with an 86 inseam. I ride a large (19") AM bike with a 60mm stem, and a medium (17") XC hard tail with a 100mm stem and longer seat post.

You must think about whether you want to race or play.