Scout Hall DJ session - Friday 16h00

Super_mil

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any one jump on saturdays? i wanna go down this weekend and check it out. but im still getting used to the bike. and i feel like a noob again.

• 10 months later...

So after about a year, the Scout hall jumps are back from the dead!

Friday afternoon sessions have resumed. If you're keen to ramp ramps, be there!

• Fridays
  • 16:00 onwards
  • Cnr Grosvenor and West Hertford Rd, Bryanston (on the Spruit, next to the Scout hall)
  • Safety bridge will be there this week for those wanting a little more confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

any one know the state of the jumps? need work? ppl still jumping there?

If you are referring to the Scout Hall jumps, then the answer is that they're running great!

There's generally a session on Friday afternoons from about 16:00.

One of the guys has some safety bridges that we put on for those learning to conquer gaps. (those usually arrive around 17:00ish).

Attendance ranges from 2 - 12 or so. Last Friday we got a bit rained out.

But yeah, should be all systems go for tomorrow. I'll confirm if the bridges will be there.

Sorry for newb question but what type of bike do you need?

Could you ride those jumps with a 29er?  XC bike? or similar?  or do you need one of those jump/bmx bikes?

thanks

Sorry for newb question but what type of bike do you need?

Could you ride those jumps with a 29er?  XC bike? or similar?  or do you need one of those jump/bmx bikes?

thanks

No apologies necessary :thumbup:

There are various bikes that come out to play for the Scout Hall sessions. Some guys do come one their XC bikes. If one is comfortable on their XC bike (no matter wheel size), and they drop the saddle as low as it can go, then they will still be able to hit the jumps.

At the moment the majority or riders are on trail or endure bikes. The jumps are also doable on DH bikes.

There are some guys on dirt jumpers, and often the owner of the safety bridges brings along a spare dirt jumper for people to try out.

I myself use a 4X bike, but have done the line on my DH and enduro bike with no issues.

• 6 months later...

Is there a session this Friday?

And how late do you guys normally go till? 

The gang have been hitting the jumps most Friday afternoons recently.

Normally ride from 4pm - 6pm.  :thumbup:

Archived