DVO Suspension - Emerald Inverted DH Fork

Super_mil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about the upside downs arent stiff enough.

I think you have to be an amazing rider to be able to pin point that the flex of your forks is slowing you down, and differentiate it from incorrect front tyre pressure, wrong suspension settings, crappy cornering or jumping technique, track conditions etc etc.

I used Dorados for 2 weeks when I started riding again, and if anyone can honestly tell me they can feel 20% of flex, then I will assume they are world cup level.

I like the look of those DVOs. with the claimed weight they should be really light, and upside downs are really easy to service, did some minor service on the dorados in 10min with no experience.

Modern MX bikes come out with 48mm stanchions, not much bigger than fox40s considering it weighs 100-115kg without rider. Most mx right way forks were without a bridge in anycase.

All this talk about the upside downs arent stiff enough.

I think you have to be an amazing rider to be able to pin point that the flex of your forks is slowing you down, and differentiate it from incorrect front tyre pressure, wrong suspension settings, crappy cornering or jumping technique, track conditions etc etc.

I used Dorados for 2 weeks when I started riding again, and if anyone can honestly tell me they can feel 20% of flex, then I will assume they are world cup level.

I like the look of those DVOs. with the claimed weight they should be really light, and upside downs are really easy to service, did some minor service on the dorados in 10min with no experience.

Modern MX bikes come out with 48mm stanchions, not much bigger than fox40s considering it weighs 100-115kg without rider. Most mx right way forks were without a bridge in anycase.

Yeah, bro - but Dorados are DOG heavy, and so are MX bikes. No real weight restriction on the MX side, so your 48mm un-bridged stanchion comparison doesn't really work...

Plus - there are LOADS of people who can tell if there's flex in a fork. Consider that when ppl compare these things, it's generally on the same tires / rims / pressures and therefore an accurate representation can be achieved. It's not like settings change each time a new fork is tested. Otherwise the test would serve no purpose, would it?

Edited by cptmayhem