MTB brake upgrade

Rich Stan

reason I ask is I have a set of dual control XT's laying in the cuboard waiting for a set of calipers. I was wondering if it really makes a diffs what calipers I run with it. Was thinking the SLX ones (if CRC ever gets some in stock) as they are nicely priced... Or should I not worry and slap an old set of deore's on there?

All Shimano calipers are inerchangeable. Slap on the Deore's.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Shimano calipers are inerchangeable. Slap on the Deore's.

Realise they are interchangeble. Question is if the diffs between the Deore and the XTR caliper is in weight and durability only and that the stopping power depends on pads and levers?

Hi guys

Got a Merida 1-20 500 (2011), had some oem M5xx brakes on it, upgraded to M785 XT (2012) + Icetech rotors last year with the help of TheV, well I'm busy building a very nice bike andI'm putting exactly the same brakes on there, they're awesommeeeeee. You'll never regret it, one finger pull, great feel, and if you clever, you can get a set of 2012 at a steel, otherwise look at the 2013 M666 SLX, it's the same brake,

G

M666 are 2012 models. M675 are 2013 models.

My fault, thanks for the correction

G

thumbup1.gif Same brakes I reckon. Just new numbers for new models. Check the Shimano tech diagrams...