Double century

chucky

Got shelled at 30km! Avg speed to bottom of tradouws was 50! Rode to finish solo in 5h41. Honest days work

I'm built for hills not flats. First 20km I was sitting at a shade under 6w/kg just trying to hold a pace line

Never been raped so badly in my life beforr

Seems you had a harder ride than me then - the team I was in came 5th but I only got dropped at about 40km to go after doing a long (About 15min) hard turn with the tail wind between 65km/h and 75 km/h with the disc wheel on the back - once it was going it was great. Unfortunately for me lost concentration and momentum on one of the rollers and thus the rest of my team - still got 5h54:46 which I am quite please about. As I only got a ride 4 days before the event!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems you had a harder ride than me then - the team I was in came 5th but I only got dropped at about 40km to go after doing a long (About 15min) hard turn with the tail wind between 65km/h and 75 km/h with the disc wheel on the back - once it was going it was great.

Saw the dude with the disc wheel in those conditions and thought "Yoh"...

Edited by Puncheur

post-7550-0-49318800-1353824042_thumb.jpgSo excuse the quality but had to drop image from 9.1m to 890kb so deteriorated quite a bit. Anyway, this is not a staged or posed image. This is Robbie pulling 3 guys up the hill. They are not pushing, they are all holding on to each other with Robbie powering in front. I think thats why I like it so much because its like a diesel locamotive just powering away in the front.

Don't think that comment is fair to the 3rd and 4th fellas in the pic, who are actually both pushing ... while Robbie pulls (proper team-work).

Edited by Climate

Got shelled at 30km! Avg speed to bottom of tradouws was 50! Rode to finish solo in 5h41. Honest days work

I'm built for hills not flats. First 20km I was sitting at a shade under 6w/kg just trying to hold a pace line

Never been raped so badly in my life beforr

:-O

Our team consisted of an combined age of 554, ave age was 46, with 3 guys under 40.

All 12 finished together in a time of 6:52. Good team work and an excellent weekend. Thanks Team Edenglen

Was my first one and what an EXPERIENCE!

I'm pretty sure everyone had lost their sense of humour before Ashton with that wind.

We jumped off at 06:38 and managed a 6h03 but boy was their drama in our team!! Our "team leader" didn't have the balls to say that he had blown (we were 7 riders at that point with 45-50km left.) So instead of sacrificing himself, he told his son to hang back and help him out. Could have cracked a 5h50 at least but hey, it is what it is...

Anyway, I enjoyed it all things considered and hope I get the opportunity to ride again next year.

Don't think that comment is fair to the 3rd and 4th fellas in the pic, who are actually both pushing ... while Robbie pulls (proper team-work).

I didn't see it but surely you don't have to grab a shirt to push?!

I didn't see it but surely you don't have to grab a shirt to push?!

Watching from behind, that was no pushin'...

Yeah.

:-)

Watching from behind, that was no pushin'...

Yeah.

Have a closer look ... the 3rd rider is not grabbing a shirt

Oraait.

Edited by Puncheur

Angle doesn't help but for the sake of the image, Robbie is towing the lot!

Team work in deed. Would love to know what ABSA paid to have Robbie and Daryl in the team. You got any +- figure Climate?

I have to admit that it was one of the best DC,s as far as organization is concerned. I initially thought the lack of back up vehicle would be an issue but think it worked out brilliantly . The food stop just after Op de Tradouw was well set out as well as the Ashton stop, the team numbers identifying where the vans were etc.

Altogether I feel it went off really well besides the bloody wind!

After the events leading up to the event, road closures and protester's I feel the organizers managed to stage a brilliant event.

Well done to all involved