Racing ralp or Maxi Icon tyres?

tunariaan

I had RR on my new bike, after 150km I changed to Conti XKing/Race King, find the Conti way better, but that's not what the OP was about, sorry haven't tried the Icon, so can't say, but not really happy with RR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where do you get ?

http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/produkte/mtb/produkt/?ID_Produktgruppe=41&ID_Produkt=175

Sent from the UK from a mates LBS - previously I had non snakeskin Rocket EVO's on the front and RR on the rear and liked it better thant RR front and rear (had already swapped to RR front and rear) - so by chance mentioned it to a mate and he sent it over - works great for me.

Mikes bikes did tell me that they are now/soon to be available in SA too - call around, someone might have them by now.

http://www.schwalbe....&ID_Produkt=175

Sent from the UK from a mates LBS - previously I had non snakeskin Rocket EVO's on the front and RR on the rear and liked it better thant RR front and rear (had already swapped to RR front and rear) - so by chance mentioned it to a mate and he sent it over - works great for me.

Mikes bikes did tell me that they are now/soon to be available in SA too - call around, someone might have them by now.

Yep I knew they would be here soon, was wondering where you got them.

shot for the info.

What is the best Schwalbe combo? Rocket Front & RR Rear or Nobby Front & RR Rear? Snakeskin obviously.

Apologies for hijack.

What is the best Schwalbe combo? Rocket Front & RR Rear or Nobby Front & RR Rear? Snakeskin obviously.

Apologies for hijack.

Ron Front, Ralph rear

Apologies for hijack.

Two Racing Ralphs ftw

Two Racing Ralphs ftw

Had that & will prob go same again - just "heard" about these other tyres ph34r.png

Had that & will prob go same again - just "heard" about these other tyres ph34r.png

NN front and RR back is good for really muddy conditions but the nik doesn't roll nearly as nice as the ralph.

Two Racing Ralphs ftw

I find the RR on the front washes out easier than the Rocket Ron - if you look at the two tires, the Rocket has more pronounced side knobblies than the RR, so that makes a certain amount of sense.

I have not spent the time to look in so much detail at the Knobby Nic though - might be worth a look by all reports too - for the front.

I find the RR on the front washes out easier than the Rocket Ron - if you look at the two tires, the Rocket has more pronounced side knobblies than the RR, so that makes a certain amount of sense.

I have not spent the time to look in so much detail at the Knobby Nic though - might be worth a look by all reports too - for the front.

I rather stick with the ron / ralph combo but thats me...i actually prefer the ralph on the front, its predictable especially when cornering. I know where and how far I can go before a wash.

I rather stick with the ron / ralph combo but thats me...i actually prefer the ralph on the front, its predictable especially when cornering. I know where and how far I can go before a wash.

I've had RR on the front for the last 12 months and I'm happy with it. Wanted a opinion of Rons and Nics. Maybe one day, it's just expensive to experiment.

I've had RR on the front for the last 12 months and I'm happy with it. Wanted a opinion of Rons and Nics. Maybe one day, it's just expensive to experiment.

yea would also be keen to give it a go, but first ride my new ralph and ikon gaar before I buy new rubber.

yea would also be keen to give it a go, but first ride my new ralph and ikon gaar before I buy new rubber.

Same here, want to try Ikons. Had Crossmarks before and wasn't bad but delaminated.

What I don`t like about the Schwobbel tyres is that grip deteriorates way to quickly with usage. So if you have a sponsor and can change your tyres every 3 months for free, then the Ralph is a great tyre.

What I don`t like about the Schwobbel tyres is that grip deteriorates way to quickly with usage. So if you have a sponsor and can change your tyres every 3 months for free, then the Ralph is a great tyre.

Dunno if that quite accurate. I've had RR on the front now for nearly 9 months (loads of kms incl. 3 multiday events) and it's still ok. However the rear (Geax)is finished.