Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You warm up and feel all good and then....the waiting in the shutes....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have you ever tried embrocation cream?

Or 'n bietjie 'Deep Heat' on the ol quads?

Some light rain predicted as least the wind won't be blowing according to weather reports so far.

Rain is ok, but wind on that route could be a killer..

Have you ever tried embrocation cream?

Or 'n bietjie 'Deep Heat' on the ol quads?

Never really thought about it for cycling... use to do the deep heat thing as a kid playing soccer in winter.

Thanx for the reminder...thumbup1.gif

Never really thought about it for cycling... use to do the deep heat thing as a kid playing soccer in winter.

Thanx for the reminder...thumbup1.gif

Or good ol' knee warmers.

Or both.

I seriously don't get this having to be there an hour before the time. cursing.gif

...must be my Monday mood. But seriously - why?! What the heck are we going to do there from 5 in the morning? Except cool down, those who have actually warmed up... I suspect my warm-up will be to run to the starting chutes at 5:05... whistling.gif

I seriously don't get this having to be there an hour before the time. cursing.gif

...must be my Monday mood. But seriously - why?! What the heck are we going to do there from 5 in the morning? Except cool down, those who have actually warmed up... I suspect my warm-up will be to run to the starting chutes at 5:05... whistling.gif

My sentiments exactly... so if your'e in A or B and getting the burning eye sensation, it's me with the deep heat lekker duk gesmeer....

I seriously doubt ill be there an hour before - I takes an hour to drive there. im not leaving CT at 4am.... thats just mad.

Arnica oil is a good rub. Get the sachets then you can rub it in when you standing in chutes. Just keep some wet wipes at hand. You don't wanna be rubbing that stuff in your eyes or going to porta potty. Lol

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Do I seriously have to stand in the cold and possibly wet from 4h50? I can't take a jacket and warm clothes, because where do I leave it?

Looking forward to my last race in Cpt, but yoh, give a guy a break!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Do I seriously have to stand in the cold and possibly wet from 4h50? I can't take a jacket and warm clothes, because where do I leave it?

blink.png

Wa gaan jy?

Edited by MCipollini

My first Burger long route. Did the short route two years ago with my sister and had to pull out last year due to illness. Really looking forward to it, but cold legs up Helshoogte is gonne be tough. Especially being a big oke.