[Event] 2014 Funky Fynbos Festival MTB And Trail Run, Gansbaai

Goosebay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, thanks for the chat and refreshments. I was broken when I got there.

And thanks for the pre-race updates and videos. Really got me keen for this event.

Hey Goosebay,I thank you and the other organisers for a great event.

I too had a feeling you were one of the guys at waterpoint 2 and I also enjoyed a short chat with you.

Had to push my bike for most of that section as my legs were shot by then.I think having cycled from De Kelders via Grootbos to the event was a big contributing factor.

Will contact you in the future as I come to Gansbaai to visit my folks once a month and would like to go ride these trails again sometime.

Great event!

Where can I find the results, once they're up?

Hey Nick,were you perhaps the guy wearing The Hub cycling kit?

Had to push my bike for most of that section as my legs were shot by then.I think having cycled from De Kelders via Grootbos to the event was a big contributing factor.

Mad man  ;) Hope someone gave you a lift home.

Hey Nick,were you perhaps the guy wearing The Hub cycling kit?

Yes, that was me.

What an awesome event. The vibe and effort that the organizers put in was phenomanal! The Mtb route was great, well marked and marshalled. The trail run was even better, such a diverse route. Will definitely make this a annual thing.

Cool man,hope to see you around again.

If you're doing Eselfontein festival (making assumptions based on your location) or any other race say "Hi".

What an awesome event. The vibe and effort that the organizers put in was phenomanal! The Mtb route was great, well marked and marshalled. The trail run was even better, such a diverse route. Will definitely make this a annual thing.

Congrats on the MTB win. Did you take home the iron man award?

Great event and well organised. We took 55 people through from Durbies Primary School and they all had a blast - thank you

Edited by Karl Beaton

If you're doing Eselfontein festival (making assumptions based on your location) or any other race say "Hi".

Congrats on the MTB win. Did you take home the iron man award?

???? Yes, finished 4th on the 30km trail run, so was lucky enough to take the overall win. The wife is very excited.

Where are the pics posted please

The photos should be up on Monday next week - taken by the Gansbaai photo club.  Will be listed here http://www.photocity.co.za/galleries/.  The sports gallery is still empty, but I was told they would start loading them this week.

I took some shots at the tower water point (41km), pm me your number and email address and I'll send them to you