Injinji tech socks

Cippo

Was in Sportsmans Warehouse and came across these socks that have individual partitions for your toes. Claimed to reduce blisters and hot feet, better arch support and moisture management for better hygiene. The Injinji brand retail for R189. Anybody use these or another brand while cycling? I can see there application being used in those funny running shoes with individual toes. Thanks in advance.

Fivefingers shoes are about the only use I could see for them. The rest sounds a lot like snake oil to me.

does anyone actually use those shoes?

If so...what for?

(sorry for hijack)

Dangle runs in them. Also search for BarefootSaDave, or is that BarefootDaveSA in FB & twitter. Barefoot Dave is a hubber as well.. can't recall his hub name now... some geeky letter/number nick.

5 Vingers are pulled over your bare feet and are used for 'barefoot;/minimalist running if you are not brave enough to run barefoot properly, or with Huaraches

Dangle runs in them. Also search for BarefootSaDave, or is that BarefootDaveSA in FB & twitter. Barefoot Dave is a hubber as well.. can't recall his hub name now... some geeky letter/number nick.

5 Vingers are pulled over your bare feet and are used for 'barefoot;/minimalist running if you are not brave enough to run barefoot properly, or with Huaraches

Forgive my ignorance, but whats wrong with normal running shoes?

Caveat: I'm no runner!

One of the girls we cycle/train with is a big fan of 5 fingers - reckon that they really help improve a more natural running style, and considerably reduce aches and injuries. HOWEVER ... she also said you need to build up very gradually with them, it takes time - and, she does Ironman's and Comrades, so she's an experienced runner

EVERYTHING! You were born barefoot, weren't you? :P

normal running shoes interfere with the natural biomechanics of your foot. firstly with the huge drop from heel to toe, and secondly (most probably not last) with all the stiffening and support.

I can see the advantage of having yours toes seperated by the sock as you would less likely get a fungal infection but if the sock is too small it could chaffe between your toes.

Nothing, but they are very cool for casual wear.

Nothing, but they are very cool for casual wear.

Dont those toe shoes hurt your feet?

Not much sole on them, so i imagine far less cushioning?

Just curious.

Dont those toe shoes hurt your feet?

Not much sole on them, so i imagine far less cushioning?

Just curious.

I think that's part of the point - without the cushioning you are forced to develop a "light feet" running style, which I'm told is both better for your body and faster

I can see the advantage of having yours toes seperated by the sock as you would less likely get a fungal infection but if the sock is too small it could chaffe between your toes.

Much like gloves for me... If they fit comfortably around the fingers, they are too wide around the wrist.

If the theory of mittens(gloves) to keep fingers warm is true, then the individual 'pockets' for toes should keep them cooler than normal socks?