Road bike for Argus

Danus24

Hi Guys,

Riding my first Argus in March 2013. Looking to by a road bike for this. I'm a mtbiker. Need advice on buying a road bike.

Found a Schwinn Fastback, Tiagra Groupset 2 x 9 with

Campagnolo Scirocco G3 Rims

ITM Millenium Full Carbon Fork

ITM Millenium Handle Bars

Scud Carbon Titanium Saddle

Look Peddles

Serfas Carbon Bottle Holders

for R3800

Is this a good deal?

post-29317-0-89940000-1354260828_thumb.jpg

Its a 56cm. I'm 1.78m tall with a 82 cm inseam. Ride medium 17.5' mtb. Was told to get a 55cm with 170mm cranks.

Provided everything is in good nick and you don't have to replace worn components, I think it is a good deal. I like the Campy wheels. It would have been a great deal if it had Shimano 105, but the Tiagra will do everything you need to ride good Argus. Whatever you decide, it will make your Argus a hell of a lot faster and more fun than riding it on a mountainbike.

Make sure you get a proper setup done after purchasing, it makes a huge difference in terms of comfort and efficiency. Get a good service early in Feb including cables. Gives you enough time to pick up any niggles. If you gonna be getting tyres look at Gatorskins but put some miles on early in Feb as well before event. All new tyres are a bit slippery when new. Hospital bend is not a slip 'n slide.

Oh yes, check your wheels especially spokes for surface rust. A snapped spoke will mess up your ride in a big way.

Its a 56cm. I'm 1.78m tall with a 82 cm inseam. Ride medium 17.5' mtb. Was told to get a 55cm with 170mm cranks.

A tad too big for you, I think.

A tad too big for you, I think.

I'm sure its the right size, but I agree. riding one size frame smaller would be ideal.

for me that is.

I've just been for an ErgoFit, I'm 1.765m, same inseam. I ride a 55cm and it's slightly too big. I had to get a shorter stem to make it fit. I'd say that a 56cm is a size too big as has been said already.

I've just been for an ErgoFit, I'm 1.765m, same inseam. I ride a 55cm and it's slightly too big. I had to get a shorter stem to make it fit. I'd say that a 56cm is a size too big as has been said already.

Nuff said...

I was chatting with the guys wife. She said it was a large from my understanding large start at 56cm right? How do I check the size if its not on the frame? Seattube to headtube c to c?