MTB Group Ride - Sun 9 Dec?

Agteros

There is water at the top at the fountain..

Serious? If it is... you have just made my day! Edited by MONS

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer mom Nance, are you relieved of soccer duties?

Anybody doing a long-ish ride on Sunday? I'm not keen to do laps around NF for 4 hrs. Maybe Breedts (and over)? Otherwise I'll have to revert to the black stuff agan

Ride Details:

Base2Breedts (http://bit.ly/Base2Breedts) to top of Breedts and back

Distance: ~57km

Date: Sunday, 9 December 2012

Meeting: 06:00am?

Riding: ??:??am?

Going:

1. robox

2. Nancy Drew (depends, she is a soccer mommy after all)

3. MONS

4. Jigghead (Do you REALLY want to meet hubbers?)

5. hayleyearth (in all along)

6. Karma (counted in)

7. Wayne68 (was +we)

8. BrettMTB (A tentative yes)

9. Lone One whistling.gif

10. Myra

S.I.R Maxxis opted out. He is going with(to?) the dogs now

Directions (From B2B FB page):

From Joburg South take the N1 North and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn left at the offramp and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Joburg North take the N1 South and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn right at the offramp and at the 3rd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Pretoria take the R28/N14 towards Krugersdorp. At the traffic lights just before Krugersdorp hill, turn right onto the N14 towards Ventersdorp

Now we should all be on the same road:

Continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.

Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.

Next T-Junction turn right towards Hartebeespoort (R560/R563) (27d 36' 39" E, 25d 53'13"S) (This is where you would normally turn left to go to the petrol station). Keep on this road for +-2kms until you see a Hartebeesfontein sign turn left onto the dirt road (27d 37' 17" E, 25d 52' 51"S)

Carry on for a further +-100m turn right into the first road - the sign says Bultfontein (27d 37' 13" E, 25d 52' 40" S) and carry on for a further +-500/600m.

The entrance is on the RHS (look out for the blue HP6 sign) (27d 37' 26" E, 25d 52' 13").

Soccer mom Nance, are you relieved of soccer duties?

According to coach Arthur, our last game was on Sunday..... so apparently I'm available to join. Does this mean I need to unpack my MTB?

According to coach Arthur, our last game was on Sunday..... so apparently I'm available to join. Does this mean I need to unpack my MTB?

Indeed it does! But maybe first treat the shoes with chloroform (to subdue anything alive) and then wash with Clean Green

I guess you have a good point MONS... I'm just a little scared of what else is going to crawl out of that bag.... I left my wet MTB shoes in there too......whistling.gif

Indeed it does! But maybe first treat the shoes with chloroform (to subdue anything alive) and then wash with Clean Green

You worried I'm going to 'stink the ride out'?.... I'll hang far back if you like

I'm keen to join this ride if there is still space w00t.gif

Budgie added.

Going:

1. robox

2. Nancy Drew

3. MONS

4. Jigghead

5. hayleyearth

6. Karma

7. Wayne68

8. BrettMTB (A tentative yes)

9. Lone One

10. Myra

11. Budgie

You worried I'm going to 'stink the ride out'?.... I'll hang far back if you like

I'm riding with you. Geen vrot skoene nie!

FINALLY Friday - insane one may it be....looking forward to the ride!See you all there bright n early!

Unpacked the frame and reassembled and washed it... now I just need to unpack and wash the wheels and see if I can find time to get me some new brake pads.... maybe I'll be riding my MTB on Sunday after all smile.png

Unpacked the frame and reassembled and washed it... now I just need to unpack and wash the wheels and see if I can find time to get me some new brake pads.... maybe I'll be riding my MTB on Sunday after all smile.png

You sure you want to? Seems like you are intent on riding your road bike up Breedts!