Wines2Whales 2013

Jaco-fiets

I was thinking 2 or 3 days max! Looks like the company will pay for W2W in 2014 if i ride with a customer.

So i guess that will be on the 2014 list then. This leaves me with the following which i should all be able to do in 2013.

1. Grape Escape (think i will only do the 1st 2 days)

2. Dr Evil (any idea of the cost of this race in 2013?)

3. Probably the Hell and Back but i dont really count this one as it is cheaper and short

Is Great Escape really a waste? Contemplated the 2 day race.

I recently started again so prefer that the race needs to be later in the year.

Consider this, I did the first one and it cost R800, the next year the entry fee went up to R2500 or 2800.

I sent them an email voicing my disappointment and they replied saying this is the way it is

Consider the Cape Country, a new event for 2013 which starts at Houw Hoek and ends in Knysna. We did the "test run" this year and it's the ideal middle between W2W rustigheid and Epic number of days in the saddle. Nothing hardcore, the CC will have no prize money.We all enjoyed it.

Any more info on that, it sounds exactly what the doctor ordered?

Look,W2W was awesome this year. hella tough on day one. a must do.

as for the other multi day races i.e grape escape etc, I wouldn't think it will be fair knocking the races saying they are crap as each ride offers something different.

I just entered the knysna rocky mountian 300 pre-epic warm-up and have heard conflicting reports, but hey, if you don't go you wont know.

blessed festive season to all the hubbers..

The Pioneer was a really great worthwhile event .I will be doing jb2c and pioneer and mankele and the one day events .would love to do more events in the cape .You guys are lucky .Attakwas on to do list,but the wife's birthday is on thre 20 jan and atta on the 19 .The problems we have to deal with .There is a new event by Dryland in the kouebokkeveld that looks very promising

Edited by Blitzer

Any more info on that, it sounds exactly what the doctor ordered?

Go to www.mtb-adventures.co.za

Johann Kriegler mailed me on Friday to tell me the Cape Country basic package will cost around R 5000 (staying in school dorms). The Luxury option (B&B's) will cost around R 7000 for the week. This excludes accommodation in Knysna which you sort out yourself. Entries open in March.

They book the Knysna Mtb race as part of the deal and you just pick up your race pack at registration.

Very well organised, friendly and a nice challenge for the intermediate rider. The sense of achievement when you reach Knysna is awesome. Plus, you'll make some new friends on the way.

Water points were often on the stoep of a farm house and everybody was very welcoming.

I made a 50 minute edited GoPro video of our ride this year ,wish I could upload that for guys to have a look.

• 10 months later...

My W2W riding partner has pulled out as he is not fit enough.

Would I be able to ride W2W without a partner?

gregg