Swamp Thing - my new AM build

DR ◣◢

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude.

I really need to say thanks to all the people that helped make this a reality.

Johan Bormann for the rims

Fourbarlinkage for build a bombproof set of wheels and supplying all the Hope niceness.

Slick for the use of his workshop today to finish it up.

Mark at Csixx, Linden Cycle and Cycles Africa for sorting out the chainguide issues.

Grant Usher for helping with emergency chainring bolts

CWC cycles for the great service getting the forks to me.

Steve at Morewood for building me a kick ass frame.

Easy Bike for super fast service on the cranks.

It wasnt an easy build and I ran into a couple of snags along the way but it was so worth it.

Slick for the use of his workshop today to finish it up.

Is that all I did?

How about the hours of discussion about every option, aspect, set back on WApp? :P :P :P

Is that all I did?

How about the hours of discussion about every option, aspect, set back on WApp? :P :P :P

Well you obviously missed the part where you inform him that because he will be running a single ring up front (with no bashguard), he will therefore need either narrow chaining bolts, or 4 derailleur hanger bolts.

Good thing no money changed hands :lol:

Survived VG with it today. And not the easy trails. The proper put-some-hair-on-your-nuts trails.

Bike is very interesting to control. Very sensitive to shifting weight around etc.

Thanks Pieter.

Different experience riding this bike.

Absolutely sucks up the trail going down some gnarly stuff and just loves getting airborne.

Pedals really well going up when in the saddle and standing up. At 15,3kg its not light but it works really well for what its built for. No idea yet on how to setup the DHX shock but for now its pretty spot on.

Had a few "yoh" moments today and yesterday with having my weight a little too forward.

Thanks. Haven't been on a long travel bike in about 10 years. Was stuck on 120mm since 2005.

Forgot how much fun it is just doing stuff and knowing the bike will be there for you.

Ill post better pics later.

Well you obviously missed the part where you inform him that because he will be running a single ring up front (with no bashguard), he will therefore need either narrow chaining bolts, or 4 derailleur hanger bolts.

Good thing no money changed hands :lol:

I beg to differ. When I heard someone was trying to cut down the long bolts I immediately informed them to get hold of the Gusher. Which is what happened in the end anyway. :D

Looking good! Whose 5.5 is that in the pic?

:clap:

Yeah, I didn't even get credit for the inaugural ride. :P

Slick's. Nice bike Sir!

Thanks man. But you don't have to call me "Sir". :lol:

Edited by slick

Slowly getting everything together and will post pics of the build later

For now I leave you with this.

post-22685-0-67770600-1354778639_thumb.jpg

Dude, it looks a bit different from your original choices. But I like where you went with it.