Avianto Trails @Avianto Lifestyle Estate

Richard Beswick

Hi Everyone

This is just a message to welcome everyone who is staying in Gauteng over the festive season to come and try out the trails at Avianto. Use of the trails will be free until mid January 2013, and will then be priced at R35. We will offer multi-visit cards and other offers for frequent users. The course will in future be monitored by Avianto security and cctv camera system, however it is entirely at your own risk. The clubhouse will be fully operational in Jan with pool, showers and serving meals. It is a great place to come and ride with your family.

The trail network is entirely on Avianto owned land and we currently have a 14km Blue (intermediate loop). There will be some serious development on the trails into 2013 and hopefully we will have a 30km loop on offer soon. The trails will be maintained over the festive season, we have a few spots to cut back a bit as the rains have been hectic, but it is a great ride, with a good mix of everything. The trails are well marked with log poles and white boards with coloured arrows. We currently have one black section off the blue loop which is a nice challenge for riders looking for some more technical stuff.

To get onto the trails follow the link to the map http://www.avianto.co.za/download-a-map.html to the Avianto clubhouse and then follow the road to main clubhouse. the trail head is opposite the pool. There is a green route as well of about 6km which follows much the same loop as the blue but stick to majority jeep track and roads.

Looking for a coffee and breakfast after the ride? head across the river right before you finish your lap and go to Cafe Ceilo near Avianto main reception they do a mean cappuccino and cyclists are welcome

We welcome feedback on the trails.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this sounds awesome, definitely keen to come through and check it out.

+1 on the kids question.

At the moment the trails are open the whole week from 6am to 5pm. As i mentioned it is free till mid Jan, when you will require a number board to be on the trails. Give them a try and give us some feedback.It is not staffed at the moment but it is well marked and you shouldn't have a problem finding the trails. There is a pool at the main clubhouse and there is a kids play area, some braai's etc at the tennis court clubhouse which you are welcome to use. The green route is suitable for the kids and family. Unfortunately the clubhouse wont actually be open till next year, so if you want to get a coffee after you will have to walk/ride across the bridge to main Avianto hotel grounds and go to Cafe Ceilo. It is a great walk for the wife and kids, we have a great trail for walking on the over side of the river as well. any queries you can drop me a mail on richard@ilumin8.co.za

I rode the blue route today. Good fun. I love the twisty bits, just wish there were more berms. The ones that are there were pretty rough. It sounds like a work in progress though. Can't wait to see what you have planned for 2013!

Do you think it will be open on xmas morning for a ride?

Can't see why not, there is no official trail head where you pay entrance yet, you just roll pass the the tennis courts and go down to the start of the trail. Was there on Friday afternoon, we parked at gilroys, rode out to avianto, did a lap and buggered around in the cradle area, did about 50km...lots of trails in and around that area. After the ride smash a gilroys favorite or two

Days open and time please

Is there place for the wife and kid to hang while we ride

You can try the following places:

Something Country

Kloofendal Nature Reserve

Toadbury Hall

The trails will be open everyday so you are welcome to ride(Christmas, boxing day etc), it is free at the moment but from mid Jan you will need a board to ride on the trails as it is 100% on private land and will be considered trespassing(although the land is not completely fenced in) We will have numerous options to choose form annual boards, multi-visit cards and day rides.

It is unmanned, and security has been alerted that it is free for the moment to you wont be stopped.

There is a review of the trails in the new Tread Magazine and the cover was photographed on the trails.

Archived