Tygerberg Membership

Craigwt

Ok, so I have been going out to the tygerberg trails quite a lot on my time off.. So much so that I decided to join the club.

I was just wondering if I have to wait for my membership to be processed and my board collected before I can go ride? Would I maybe be able to print the order invoice/receipt and use that in the mean time, as a proof of membership?

If not, how long would it take for the membership to be processed? I would hate to only receive it once my holiday is over...

take your receipt with, or just keep it on your cellphone. The guys are always nice. You will just find the odd drol on the trail that will ask where your board is, They are easy to spot. they ride sleeveless shirts with booties and riser bars with bar ends. They can be seen braking on the singeltrack and pushing uphills whistling.gif whistling.gif

on a more serious note, just ride, and watch out for snakes... loads of them recently

Can't seem to join for 2013, they do have a join for 2012 icon but no 2013 go figure

Yeah, I joined for 2012, R200 which I will easily make up in rides... I was waiting for 2013 as well...

Club is very disorganized.I have welcome emails,collected my board and yet when i try get my CSA license organized thay tell me i'm not part of the club.Sent emails,made phonecalls,even telling when payment was made off credit card,still nothing.I've given up.

Edited by stringbean

Club is very disorganized.I have welcome emails,collected my board and yet when i try get my CSA license organized thay tell me i'm not part of the club.Sent emails,made phonecalls,even telling when payment was made off credit card,still nothing.I've given up.

Is the Tygerberg MTB Club affiliated to CSA? In anycase, you don't need to belong to club anymore to get a CSA license. If you're having problems while joining on CSA, send them a mail or phone them.

To get a racing license you have to belong to a club and csa wont give license until your club gives permission.Problem is tygerberg is so big they not sure who is part of the club.

Edited by stringbean

I have a CSA License and I dont belong to a club? But I don't ride league maybe that's why they allowed it.

CSA license is easy,got that in 1 day,if you doing nationals you need to get a full racing license and to get that you have to belong to a club.CSA will only give license once club has authorised it and there lies my problem.

Well, I'm going out soon to test if they'll let me ride with just the proof of payment... wish me luck. :)

Will report back...

take your receipt with, or just keep it on your cellphone. The guys are always nice. You will just find the odd drol on the trail that will ask where your board is, They are easy to spot. they ride sleeveless shirts with booties and riser bars with bar ends. They can be seen braking on the singeltrack and pushing uphills whistling.gif whistling.gif

on a more serious note, just ride, and watch out for snakes... loads of them recently

that's a **** attitude. the only time you'll get asked for a bikeboard is when you're crossing the members only corridors, because the farmers don't want non-members riding there. you don't need to be a member to ride the trails, hence no bikeboard required.

no, i don't have any close ties to the club - just a normal member.

Edited by MTBorBEER

bike boards for 2013 are not ready yet due to a printing issue and we will post when they are available and online transactions are open.

Yes you can ride with just your receipt at the moment.

Yes, you can purchase 2012 membership at R200 each which gives you a bikeboard and access to all trails and green corridors. Nope you cannot ride green corridors without a bikeboard. If you are lucky, a drol will ask you where it is but if you are unlucky, you may encounter an irate and armed landowner cursing.gif

how long does it usually take for a board to be ready for collection? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?... I'm not totally sure whats involved behind the scenes though... :)

bike boards for 2013 are not ready yet due to a printing issue and we will post when they are available and online transactions are open.

Yes you can ride with just your receipt at the moment.

Yes, you can purchase 2012 membership at R200 each which gives you a bikeboard and access to all trails and green corridors. Nope you cannot ride green corridors without a bikeboard. If you are lucky, a drol will ask you where it is but if you are unlucky, you may encounter an irate and armed landowner cursing.gif

He bought the 2012 pass. He is wanting to know when he can get that bike board.