Bondiblu photochromic sunglasses broken after single use

Ibicam

Did you get suntan lotion on them by any chance? It will crack cheaper glasses.

I did use suntan lotion on my face, but no more than usual and no different to other days with other sunglasses.

Looks like they have been sat on

At the time of being put away they were fine, and I have no reason to believe my children/domestic would have taken my helmet out of my cupboard. So while I know I did not damage them, I can't guarantee what happened to them while I was at work.

Just checked partners sunnies. Also Bondi, also broke in same spot. I just used some superglue and that quickbond powder, works fine a few months on.

I looked at possibly using glue, but I can't push the broken piece back on enough to close the gap, so I would have to file to lense down a bit to fit properly.

Somehow am thinking it's not really worth it, other than to relegate them to night rides once a month.

So, what's your point? Bondiblu's are cheap...

Even other cheap glasses last me 18 to 24 months, so given a single use of these it is rather disappointing.

I priced similar styled Oakleys yesterday, but I don't consider them worth it at R2900 for the photochromatic. Yes, you get a one year guarantee but anything happens to them after that it is for my account.

dont feel bad. Won this in a golf day. 1 month broke. They replaced it and 2 months down the line broke on the same spot. Waste. Free but not worth it.

Did yours also break without you knowing what happened to them?

Strange it is exactly the same place.

Ibicam if you want some excellent "cheap" riding glasses maybe check out Bolle Contours , the ESP version is great , on ebay.co.uk around R120 incl shipping to SA. Not photochromic but amazing glasses , nylon frames and poly carbonate lens - really strong glasses. Google reviews on them for riding - best value for money , tough , high grade lens , good looks and the price is cheap.

Now I know nobody would have removed the helmet from my cupboard and I know that everything was intact when I put them in my cupboard. So that leaves me with only one conclusion and that is the sunglasses have failed based on a production defect. .

Is it just shame on me and I throw them away? Did anyone else buy the same sunglasses at the expo and have a similar experience?

Glasses dont break from being put in a cupboard (equivalent of "i was just riding along when it broke" stories) and so it sounds like you dont know how force was put on them - coulda been anything then.

I bought the same glasses in August, dont like the quality / look so much, so of course sod's law means I cant lose or break the buggers and buy some others. They will likely last for all time - brown, ugghh.

Glasses dont break from being put in a cupboard (equivalent of "i was just riding along when it broke" stories) and so it sounds like you dont know how force was put on them - coulda been anything then.

I agree with you, but they certainly did not break on my watch and nobody has owned up to even being near them. Maybe they already had a crack from being man-handled at the expo, who knows.

My other cheapies were with them in the same helmet and are okay, so I really don't know.

But anyways, there might just be an excuse on the horizon for a Christmas present to myself.

Did yours also break without you knowing what happened to them?

Strange it is exactly the same place.

yes. took them out and they were broken. that happened both times.

Get Rudys. I fell flat on my face and had to pick up one of the lenses in the bush. Except for a few tiny scratches on the arms the frame and lenses are still perfect.

The price is irrelevant. Even the cheapest glasses should not do that. Other people have had the same problem. Edgars sells these. Ask them who the rep is and make contact with him