Canyon Bikes

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hmmmm, someone has their eye on a Torque FRX. It is pretty hard to ignore this beast.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/e7fbb807d212f05dcedf499c68ddeb5a.jpg

Indeed. My beloved Makulu was stolen out of my garage on xmas eve and a shiny new Canyon is on the shortlist of bikes to ease the pain.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the prices include German tax. There's no local agent anywhere. They are sold exclusively online cutting out agents and the like hence the attractive pricing. The downside being warranty claims.

I've always liked the build quality of the bikes having seen quite a few up close. (Their main test rider Rob J is a friend of a friend and he often comes out here to ride in the European winter)

I think Rob J must bring two training bikes on his next visit - one for interval training and one for lsd.

mellow.png

I think the prices include German tax. There's no local agent anywhere. They are sold exclusively online cutting out agents and the like hence the attractive pricing. The downside being warranty claims.

I've always liked the build quality of the bikes having seen quite a few up close. (Their main test rider Rob J is a friend of a friend and he often comes out here to ride in the European winter)

Wow! So we can actually take 19% off the price listed on their site? Seriously attractive prices in that case!

I think Rob J must bring two training bikes on his next visit - one for interval training and one for lsd.

mellow.png

You would like that hey. Looking at an ex- factory team purchase again.

Wow! So we can actually take 19% off the price listed on their site? Seriously attractive prices in that case!

But how would you then claim that back as an individual. Don't get me all excited now.

I like the road bikes a lot.

Like this....

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/1a560633c9f23bdf039907802fce26a8.jpg

Price as quoted on their site for the Ultimate CF SLX frameset including seatpost, headset and stem is € 1680 - 19% German vat + € 260( shipping costs) add 16 % for customs and you are looking at R15515. Am I working this out correctly? You would not pay the 15% extra for a frameset if I am right.

Edited by Cippo

Yo Omega

I have not bought one, but need to ask the question....is there not maybe a new Morewood with your name on or is tge pricing just crazy if you take that option.

The boys out in Kenya ride a good few Canyons, we had a guy from Kenya join us for a Table Mountain ride before and his bike sure did look good.

What are your concerns RE pursuing the purchase button?

H

You would like that hey. Looking at an ex- factory team purchase again.

Was thinking that the OP must use his network smartly...

devil.gif

It makes sense to just bring in a frameset and build up here. You only pay vat plus handling, not like a complete bike which is 15% extra. I see on their site you pay the German tax and then you have to submit a tax, export form back to them to claim, or do you claim that back from SARS? Any ideas anyone?

It makes sense to just bring in a frameset and build up here. You only pay vat plus handling, not like a complete bike which is 15% extra. I see on their site you pay the German tax and then you have to submit a tax, export form back to them to claim, or do you claim that back from SARS? Any ideas anyone?

If you use a clearing agent, they will do that for you. I know a few ppl on the Hub are clearing agents, so it shouldn't be a problem...

Guest Omega Man

Was thinking that the OP must use his network smartly...

devil.gif

Yeah. Rob's got a new baby boy so he won't be coming out for winter training. I might be able to swing a little discount based on the fact that we gave him a neck brace the last time he was out here and that he got multiple free shuttles on my bakkie at Paarl. But no need really.

Guest Omega Man

Yo Omega

I have not bought one, but need to ask the question....is there not maybe a new Morewood with your name on or is tge pricing just crazy if you take that option.

The boys out in Kenya ride a good few Canyons, we had a guy from Kenya join us for a Table Mountain ride before and his bike sure did look good.

What are your concerns RE pursuing the purchase button?

H

Hey.

Yeah a nice new Morewood would go down nicely. But i do think it's time for a change. I've been a faithful servant of the brand for 3 bikes so it's maybe time for something a little more exotic (by SA standards). Ironic that Morewood's are the most common dh bike here. In europe when you ride past on one the dudes literally point and stare.

My concerns are around cost. I'd like to hear from someone whose brought one in to find out exactly what the cost of actually getting it here is. Things like Duty, VAT, delivery charges etc scare the crap out of me and hearing from someone who's actually brought one in is the only way for me to know what those actual costs will be.

Ok that's nice but has anyone actually bought one?

Email this guy. Tell him Iwan sent you

deon.nel20 @ gmail dot com

He was one of the guys who ordered from them.