Cleated or Uncleated

Creme' Boulle'

Oh so now if your pedal has a clip in the middle with a 'surface' around it, it isn't a platform anymore?

:lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so now if your pedal has a clip in the middle with a 'surface' around it, it isn't a platform anymore?

laugh.png

are you even reading what you're typing before you post?!

tongue.png

Let me break it down in point form...

• you asked super_mil what "platform pedals" he's using
  • he replied with an answer, telling you what flats he has on his bikes
  • you then said "I was actually asking which clipped in pedal you are going to race with"
  • both him and I then say that you shouldn't have called them "platforms" then
  • you then state that you've heard many people call flats "platforms", thus reaffirming what super_mil and myself were saying... so where is your argument???

I hope this point-by-point break down helped get you back on track. If not, let me know and I'll draw you a picture wink.png

Edited by patches

I'm actually asking - possibly a long way around and trolling you in the process :P - that if platforms are complete flats, what do we call the Mallets, DX's etc?

Calm down a little :lol:

I'm actually asking - possibly a long way around and trolling you in the process tongue.png - that if platforms are complete flats, what do we call the Mallets, DX's etc?

Calm down a little laugh.png

aah so you have realized that you were totally brain-farting when you wrote those original retorts. Good recovery disguising it by claiming it was a troll combined with a beat-around-the-bush question.

So now that you've actually asked the question straight out...

here's an answer... they're still categorized as clipless pedals... but with a platform.

Not to be confused with "platform pedals"!

Hope that helps wink.png

Edited by patches

I'm actually asking - possibly a long way around and trolling you in the process tongue.png - that if platforms are complete flats, what do we call the Mallets, DX's etc?

Calm down a little laugh.png

Clipless with a platform around? or Clipforms ?? ;)

edit: and before anyone thinks I'm trolling or brain-farting, I've added a winky smiley :D

Edited by Thug

Clipless with a platform around? or Clipforms ?? wink.png

edit: and before anyone thinks I'm trolling or brain-farting, I've added a winky smiley biggrin.png

Or PLATLESS? cursing.gif

aah so you have realized that you were totally brain-farting when you wrote those original retorts. Good recovery disguising it by claiming it was a troll combined with a beat-around-the-bush question.

So now that you've actually asked the question straight out...

here's an answer... they're still categorized as clipless pedals... but with a platform.

Not to be confused with "platform pedals"!

Hope that helps wink.png

No brain fart - I've just always referred to both as platforms - or any pedal where you can ride and grip a pedal with a flat soled shoe. Because the smaller and smaller platforms with clips like the Candy's can't be platforms.

dammit! I should have waited for those!

If you get tired of waiting i have some nice nice Mallet 2's for you? laugh.png

Does this mean you're going to be clipping in now?

No brain fart - I've just always referred to both as platforms - or any pedal where you can ride and grip a pedal with a flat soled shoe. Because the smaller and smaller platforms with clips like the Candy's can't be platforms.

Well from henceforth, cease with such sillyness and call them by their correct names! :lol: haha!

Does this mean you're going to be clipping in now?

I may... from time to time, on longer rides. Still waiting for Royal Fail to bring my shoes

Well from henceforth, cease with such sillyness and call them by their correct names! :lol: haha!

Yessir!!!

Flats, or Platforms. They are not the same thing. I referred to the contact area of the straitlines as "the platform", but did not intend to refer to flats as platforms.

In my view and vocabulary, flats have no clips, platforms have clips.

XC style clipless pedal systems are excluded from this discussion, coz they are just clipless.

Toe straps are evil and should only be used for track cycling.

Now if only I could find where I left my balls.

oh, and I don't paticularly like my 5-10 Minaars. It doesnt feel like a 5-10 should.

Freeriders all the way.

Flats, or Platforms. They are not the same thing. I referred to the contact area of the straitlines as "the platform", but did not intend to refer to flats as platforms.

In my view and vocabulary, flats have no clips, platforms have clips.

XC style clipless pedal systems are excluded from this discussion, coz they are just clipless.

Toe straps are evil and should only be used for track cycling.

Now if only I could find where I left my balls.

:thumbup:

Specialized do these, not actually for riding but will work.

are they 'casual shoes' made to look like cleats, for cyclists?