PTA EAST Training Rides in week

MONS

I am looking for a training buddy to ride with in the week. Based in Boschkop and can do afternoon rides anytime from 16H00 till late. Not keen to go out solo anymore. Would like to get a min of 2 rides in (instead of spinning) and can maintain a 17-19km ave but hope to up that ave with training. Happy to get a 35/40km ride in. Please inbox me if anyone is interested in joining.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I pass Boschkop turn off (from Lynnwood/Graham road). I only cycle Saturday mornings as there are more cyclists on the road. I have been scared to go in the week. I live in woodhill up the road from the Engen at the corner of Hans Strijdom and St Bernard drive.

my avg speed: is the same as yours.

Oh, insert a sad face here

I have a MTB, but I am way too slow on it. avg of 15. Wouldn't want to waste your time.

I have a MTB, but I am way too slow on it. avg of 15. Wouldn't want to waste your time.

I would also love to join weekday rides, mornings or late afternoons. My average speed is about 19-20kph, but 15kph would also work for me. However, I am also travelling a lot and will probably not be able to ride every week...........

Not a sad face.... a happy face! clap.gif THe whole point is to be able to get out and RIDE! I can do 15km/hour so relax! So lets try decide on days we can commit to and try organise something this week maybe? I unfortunately cant do mornings as my work schedule does not allow it. We still have loads of daylight late afternoons!

Kewl!

Never!! biggrin.png

Not a sad face.... a happy face! clap.gif THe whole point is to be able to get out and RIDE! I can do 15km/hour so relax! So lets try decide on days we can commit to and try organise something this week maybe? I unfortunately cant do mornings as my work schedule does not allow it. We still have loads of daylight late afternoons!

Kewl!

Sounds good, I will not be able to make it tomorrow evening, but how about Thursday or Friday afternoon?

I'm available Thursday. Friday is a recovery day for a race on Saturday. (Speke race)

I was thinking as a start - where I am based? (2.6km down Boschkop) Its safe with ample parking and then we dont need to deal with traffic and main roads. Can do a decent 35 from there. Am open to any other suggestions as we are all pretty close to each other. Suggetions?

What route do you guys have planned?

Be careful when heading on Duiker past (close to National Intelligence) as there is an American Pitbull running around (owners gate not closed very often)

I am based in Die Wilgers. Will be returning to Pretoria on Thursday via N4, so Boschkop will be on the way home......