good question, buy online or support your local shop

r.hendrix

LOL! I hear you! I still think you will get people who are interested in those bikes, we must pull the wool from their eyes and open their minds... there is more to mtb'ing than 29'er XC bikes.

We are slowly converting a couple of guys here on the hub to trail riding. They have been riding less than a year but we will have them racing the Mankele Avalanche and other Enduros on trail bikes by mid year. :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predominantly buy online from various retailers in the US, UK and Germany.

But I also support my LBS's for the smaller items, fork servicing etc.

I bought a new set of MTB gloves this morning from Full Throttle motorcycle shop because their variety of brands, colours and prices were far better than any of my LBS's

as a generalisation, that everything works out the same after vat, customs and whatnot is a gross overstatement. What I have noticed of late however, is that there is increasing price parity on items, and in some instances, it's massively cheaper at the my LBS of choice.

However, I'd still pay for variety and choice, and this where local is just downright not lekker. Much of the northern hemisphere winter stuff will be going on sale now, and try get that stuff here, much less at the prices you will eventually pay for it. ;)

Online can mean online LOCAL and online INTERNATIONAL

I prefer to support my LBS (The Bike Shed) and my LOBS (Local online bike shop) - dialdbikes.co.za - equally

In extreme cases I will go international, like if I can't find what I want locally. But I haven't had to do that, yet.