Merida or Giant

Maccie

If you look at the bb or crankset height it is clear that the giant will be more stable with your overall Centre of gravity being lower .Anthem geometry is proven by thousands of happy giant anthem owners ,including myself .Anthem was voted best bike by its users on Twentynine inches website 2011 and voted highly recommended in a DS test done for use in the EPIC 2012 .Maestro suspension is still regarded as one of the best systems .Merida???

There's a reason the Scott scale was voted best hardtail of 2012 by the okes at MBR...

Amen.

I've had one (yes, *gasp*, I have a 29er!) for a couple of weeks now, and it's a revelation. It's nimble, flickable but stable enough to not be trouble, launchable over debris and roots, and accelerates like a hybrid between a bat out of hell and Jared Graves on speed.

I think I should quit my day job and write blurbs for Scott...

I would take the Anthem, but that might be because I love how Maestro works. I ride a longer travel Giant Reign, but have also owned Glory, Reign X, Trance and Anthem 26".

For what it is worth though, of I couldn't get an Anthem 29er, I would look at the Scott ahead of the Merida.

Edited by nolipoli

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...