• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Light on back of bike - Ryder' date=' 5 LED

Light on front Knog Gator, 5 LED

Light on helmet Knog Frog.
[/quote']

Now all you need is pothole radar. Seriously though, missed a few potholes in Edenvale/Bedfordview this morning. When are the councils going to start fixing these things Angry ? It's one thing to be visible to motorists, but then a damn pothole takes you down.

Was also home by 6:30 this morning.

hmmm' date=' morning ride started at 5am - i had my valve lights, my ryder at the back, my ryder headlight (which decided to break half-way), my knogs on the fork and i wore my neon yellow "vest"... like mampara i really would prefer to do as much as i can to alert cages to my existence - they only wake up at around 8-9am so the lights etc help to get their attention[/quote']

You're a regular Christmas Tree Wink

Thuggie, don't you know it! i also usually have my green glo-toob hanging from my back as well.

just call me a bike ornament! Wink

Light on back of bike - Ryder' date=' 5 LED

Light on front Knog Gator, 5 LED

Light on helmet Knog Frog.
[/quote']

Now all you need is pothole radar. Seriously though, missed a few potholes in Edenvale/Bedfordview this morning. When are the councils going to start fixing these things Angry ? It's one thing to be visible to motorists, but then a damn pothole takes you down.

Soooo true!  Nearly hit one going down a hill.  But why fix the things?  Helps with falling-/bike handling skills!

Last time me and LBB saw Etwerp he had so many lights on (bike and helmet, front and back) we were scared planes may land on us thinking it was a landing strip or something!

I dont need lights. The sun shines out of my rear end....

?so eating a vindaloo wouldn't bother you' date=' then?
[/quote']

I have nandos extra hot 1/2 chicken meal at least 3 times a week. and my curry makes people cry

Last time me and LBB saw Etwerp he had so many lights on (bike and helmet' date=' front and back) we were scared planes may land on us thinking it was a landing strip or something![/quote']

With my size I have been mistaken for a land based Aircraft carrier!

Last time me and LBB saw Etwerp he had so many lights on (bike and helmet' date=' front and back) we were scared planes may land on us thinking it was a landing strip or something![/quote']

With my size I have been mistaken for a land based Aircraft carrier!

..... or R2D2 LOL . The way that some of the traffic lights have been put into red flashing mode recently you had better be careful that the armed response vans don't mistake you for a "robot" ... sorry, forgot, like some of us they don't stop for lights Big%20smile

Take R45 - R50 to your nearest sportsman's warehouse and pick up a no-name brand flashing light. Works best.

after this am i swear by the sigma karma. bought it yesterday Big%20smile

Pokester, I saw it in the Ride mag. You can come and try it on the night ride next month.

azonic, for flashing lights yes, i agree, the cheapies are just as good. lights to actually see by on the other hand are not that easy to find. when you do they tend not to last long (the plastic mounting brackets and clips seem to have limited lifespans) or they decide to crack etc. the karma is not a "to be seen"' light, but a "to see by" light. i still have all my flashy lights as well (red, white, blue and green.... hmmmm, i need to find some yellow flashies!)

azonic' date=' for flashing lights yes, i agree, the cheapies are just as good. lights to actually see by on the other hand are not that easy to find. when you do they tend not to last long (the plastic mounting brackets and clips seem to have limited lifespans) or they decide to crack etc. the karma is not a "to be seen"' light, but a "to see by" light. i still have all my flashy lights as well (red, white, blue and green.... hmmmm, i need to find some yellow flashies!)[/quote']

If you want something to light the road up ahead of you, go to Makro. They sell Energizer head mounted LED's for under R100. Zip tie it to your helmet. It weighs next to morning, and surely lighter than any decent bike mounted light. Builders might also sell it.

Having done 3 Trans Baviaans races through the night, I know what works when the lights go out. That cheap Energizer works allot better than the Petzl I bought for R450 just before my first Trans.

azonic, i have got the Karma now - no more need to go get huge heavy lights that give off a yellow light etc. and yes, i've also found that R100 jobbies are better than R450 jobbies but at last i've conceded defeat that the cheapies don't last.