Lynnwood Cyclery - Customer Experience

gatskopza

Hi, was in the lynnwood area this weekend. Saw a new shop...Lynnwood Cyclery.

Was just browsing the new bikes, then remembered i'm looking for Black Bottle Cage Bolts x 6, for my Stumpjumper.

So this friendly guy, Nols(Maybe spelled wrong sorry), asked me if i can assist. Explained to him what i needed, and went into the workshop and asked a mechanic if he has some spare...With some effort he found 2...then went back..searched...4...then after some more searching he found 6...

So i asked Nols what he will charge me for them, then he replied...it's ok...i can have them for free!

For free lol...Where is this age does one get something for free?

Long story short...Very impressed with the customer service i got, not because i got something for free, but more so because my request was actually for something stupid in my eyes, but the two people didn't just tell me no they don't have...they made an effort to actually look through all their spares to please/help a customer!

Big thumbs up for them...!

Edited by gatskopza

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynnwood Cyclery used to be FPC. They give awesome service, and have sent me some stuff down to Cape Town on their account in the past.

So I presume they have taken over the spot where FPC used to be, then became Specialzed and have moved further up the drag next to Barden Tyres? Will have to pop in and see what they got. Was always very impressed with FPC's service - very helpful bunch!

So I presume they have taken over the spot where FPC used to be, then became Specialzed and have moved further up the drag next to Barden Tyres? Will have to pop in and see what they got. Was always very impressed with FPC's service - very helpful bunch!

That is correct yes.

Are they in the house in Jan Shoba Street ( old Duncan Street)

Sjo now you going back many years.

Are they in the house in Jan Shoba Street ( old Duncan Street)

Nope, further down Lynnwood Road towards the Toyota Garage, next to Full Throttle (across that massive new furniture store).

Nope, further down Lynnwood Road towards the Toyota Garage, next to Full Throttle (across that massive new furniture store).

Edited by MONS

Oh, the Gift Acres store. I've never been there, Remember when FPC moved from the house in Duncan to the place where Hatfield Cycles now are on the corner of Lynnwood and Duncan.

Who remembers when Hatfield Cycles was still in Hatfield Plaza in Burnett Street in Hatfield.

Who remembers when FPC moved into the same shop where the Lab was in Witkoppen.

Oh, the Gift Acres store. I've never been there, Remember when FPC moved from the house in Duncan to the place where Hatfield Cycles now are on the corner of Lynnwood and Duncan.

Who remembers when Hatfield Cycles was still in Hatfield Plaza in Burnett Street in Hatfield.

Nope, not in Gift Acres anymore. They moved further up, closer to The Grove mall, in Lynnwood Road.

Used to go there a fair bit when Big grant was still the main man there ....

Nope, not in Gift Acres anymore. They moved further up, closer to The Grove mall, in Lynnwood Road.

That area has grown up, I remember when there was still operating farms there and Lynnwood Road a gravel road from Glenwood Road. Menlo Park, where I grew up still had gravel streets. Charles was gravel from the intersection with Brooklyn Road.

Bought my Cannondales from Gert at Hatfield Cycles in those days, as he was one of the very few stores that had stock on the floor. That store in Hatfield Plaza used to be well stocked with amazing stuff.

They had “shared” space with Varsity Sports, which had dedicated “rooms” or areas per sport. They also wrote the pricetags with a stencil on cardboard. I bought my first cricket “kit” from them.

I also remember looking at a Cannondale SuperV in the display of Hatfield cycles, the thing was absolutely mindblowing!

I went there looking for bolts for my cleats. Was given 4 at no cost. Nearly fell over. Service there is amazing, they go out of thir way to help no matter how small your request is. Some other shops they only pay attention to you when you inicate that you want to blow a wad of cash. Well done guys.