Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Thanks for the heads up on the Turner, Crow :thumbup:

I'm just spit balling here but last I heard 5months ago. Nomad for 9k from dragon. And what about a heckler. Don't know if they tick all the boxes?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never shimmed a dropper before so I dont know, I think if you grease the post properly it should be ok..

I have. Bit of a bastada to get hold of a shim had to have one made especially. Did the trick and didn't creak. BUT. It was an even worse bastada to get the shim off the post!

Thanks for the heads up on the Turner, Crow :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Plus, complete bike comes with a dropper, I9 wheels (worth half the asking price!) and a Lyrik.

I'm just spit balling here but last I heard 5months ago. Nomad for 9k from dragon. And what about a heckler. Don't know if they tick all the boxes?

Nomad for R9k? Must be KILLER ABSOLUTE COST deal on a frame that's been to hell and back. Last time I price-compared retail, Yeti and SC's alu offerings were VERY close to a full carbon Ibis. Going carbon on those adds another R5k - R7k.

And then you still don't have an Ibis!

Nomad for R9k? Must be KILLER ABSOLUTE COST deal on a frame that's been to hell and back. Last time I price-compared retail, Yeti and SC's alu offerings were VERY close to a full carbon Ibis. Going carbon on those adds another R5k - R7k.

And then you still don't have an Ibis!

Hehe. Something tells me you have a penchant for ibis..... I don't know where I might get that idea from...... Haaahaa

That was what one LBS told me. Don't know much more. Remember it was around the same time that the 26 stumpies were selling for 12k with sram x7

Both are looking pretty decent. Thanks!

Will start phoning around...

Where can one find an Ibis? Is there an SA distributor ?

Been hunting for a second hand frame for a project build ( to this threads guidelines of course Renthal / Black on Black lol ) must say I havent seen and Mojo's or other ibis frames or bikes pop up.

Anyone know the frame costs on the Ibis Mojo HD or older frames?

Alu SB66's are going for 30K as per MSC & Greg (CPT Yeti).

Not keen on Yeti at the moment. My ASR5 is a maintenance pain in the arse & I don't see the SB66 any better.

Also local support is not all that great POST sale.

The alu SB66 is defiantly around the 18 mark, it's the carbon SB95 that is 30 . That's for the frame obviously

The alu SB66 is defiantly around the 18 mark, it's the carbon SB95 that is 30 . That's for the frame obviously

Just phoned MSC: 21K.

Nomad coming in at 20K.

Any other new frames I'm missing?

Has MSC got any SB75's in stock yet ?

Dirty Sanchez, sorry to hear about your maintenance woes with your ASR5. It's one of the things I like most about mine - single pivot, easy to look after, minimal maintenance, and I ride it pretty hard.

Only SB95's AFAIK. They had them 2 weeks after launch.

The new 575's look lekker though.

Shame about the ASR5. I love it to bits & would keep it if I could. But I'm spending more time finding/fixing/breaking than actually riding.