Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah. I've decided that I'm going to start saving for a new bike. Something a bit tighter and more playful than the Reign x, with a little bit more room in the reach department.

So far, I have a shortlist (haah!) Of bikes. At this point I'm not really worried about price as I have a while to save, so its basically about the availability and characteristics of the bikes themselves, and a real heart to heart with myself as to how much travel I REALLY need.

So far, the shortlist is...

Transition scout

transition patrol

banshee spitfire

banshee roam

ibis Hd3

pivot Mach 6c

Yeti SB6C

SC Bronson

kona process 159

Spez enduro 29

rocky mountain altitude

rocky mountain thunderbolt

Yes, the reign and trance aren't on there. Neither is the silverback. Reign for a very good reason - I already have a bulldozer. My reign x literally eats EVERYTHING for lunch, and I'm looking for something that is a bit more playful (not that it isn't, but - well, it's not an HDR) and a bit tighter. The new reign by all accounts is more of the same, so yeah. The Trance - well, there's just so many of them, and I've had giant for a while now. Plus it's almost the "old school" geo, which would put me on an xl to get the reach I want.

The silverback - meh. Not for me. This is going to be *the* bike, and for whatever reason it just doesn't tickle me in the right places.

So. The search continues, and intensifies. There will be a reign x up for sale just now, in very good nick apart from one ding that's been there since I bought it. No, not yet.

Bah. I've decided that I'm going to start saving for a new bike. Something a bit tighter and more playful than the Reign x, with a little bit more room in the reach department.So far, I have a shortlist (haah!) Of bikes. At this point I'm not really worried about price as I have a while to save, so its basically about the availability and characteristics of the bikes themselves, and a real heart to heart with myself as to how much travel I REALLY need.So far, the shortlist is...Transition scouttransition patrolbanshee spitfirebanshee roamibis Hd3pivot Mach 6cYeti SB6CSC Bronsonkona process 159Spez enduro 29rocky mountain altituderocky mountain thunderboltYes, the reign and trance aren't on there. Neither is the silverback. Reign for a very good reason - I already have a bulldozer. My reign x literally eats EVERYTHING for lunch, and I'm looking for something that is a bit more playful (not that it isn't, but - well, it's not an HDR) and a bit tighter. The new reign by all accounts is more of the same, so yeah. The Trance - well, there's just so many of them, and I've had giant for a while now. Plus it's almost the "old school" geo, which would put me on an xl to get the reach I want.The silverback - meh. Not for me. This is going to be *the* bike, and for whatever reason it just doesn't tickle me in the right places.So. The search continues, and intensifies. There will be a reign x up for sale just now, in very good nick apart from one ding that's been there since I bought it. No, not yet.

A list of note Caps.... like the nicest ones on a "7 deadly sins" hit-list. Or having the pick of the litter of supermodels .... even if you end up with the ugliest it's all good :)

Banshee Spitfire ... Raw! That is obscenely hot.

Or maybe you could think of adding a GT Sensor / Force to your thought process .... so you could figure out how we can get some sent to the dark continent.

What an arduous journey ahead of you ..... decisions, decisions :D

A list of note Caps.... like the nicest ones on a "7 deadly sins" hit-list. Or having the pick of the litter of supermodels .... even if you end up with the ugliest it's all good :)

Banshee Spitfire ... Raw! That is obscenely hot.

Or maybe you could think of adding a GT Sensor / Force to your thought process .... so you could figure out how we can get some sent to the dark continent.

What an arduous journey ahead of you ..... decisions, decisions :D

Lol. Ja. Tbh I have considered the gts but by all accounts they're monster trucks. Which is what I have atm so ja.

But yes. A lot of time to consider. Will also see what's coming for 2016 before I decide. Fun fun.

Never liked the look of the Mojo's, so my pic would be between Messrs. Bronson and Spaz.

The thing is out of these there isn't a "bad" bike. The spaz is the only niner I'd buy, apart from maybe the trek With that penske shock.

Enduro is a beautiful bike. And so capable, from the reviews I've read.

It's just so difficult!

The thing is out of these there isn't a "bad" bike. The spaz is the only niner I'd buy, apart from maybe the trek With that penske shock.

It's just so difficult!

Norco, Kona, Pivot.. seeing as we're talking about unicorns, can we add Evil's The Following to the mix? Also has Dave Weagle designed linkage. If I was a collector of mythical creatures I'd be all over that thing!

How would you get a Norco/Kona here by the way?

Norco, Kona, Pivot.. seeing as we're talking about unicorns, can we add Evil's The Following to the mix? Also has Dave Weagle designed linkage. If I was a collector of mythical creatures I'd be all over that thing!

How would you get a Norco/Kona here by the way?

Was about to say. The Process is kaanget. But we mos make a way. Probably why it would be my first choice out of that bunch. But also because its the sluttiest.

http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/main/process_153.jpg

Just look at her. Such a tease.

So the reign will go up for sale with then lyrik on it?

You gonna sell the 55 too? Just curious

It's just so difficult!

I think you're neglecting a very sexy option.

The Niner WFO 9?

Those Yeti's are sweet but the service of the local distributer is k@k, hope they get their acts together. Was going to buy one but decided to luss the possibility of future headaches.

That Norco looks great, and the thunderbolt too, but i would personally go for the Altitude instead, Rather too much travel than too little, the geo can be dial'd in via the ride9 system to suite your style and mates of mine who have them are loving them. I do like their 2015 carbon frame colour.

Why not add the Trek Remedy to that list?  Hearing awesome things about them, and with the project 1 option you could have a 1 of a kind locally. They also have test bikes available as far as I know. I saw a matt blue Trek the other day at Cyclefunatics and it looked so good. Give them a shout and i'm sure they can hook you up with a test bike.