2013 World Champs DH Track Build Pics

nigelhicks

Okay, I'll repeat too...

OH NO not the Eye Boggler :eek: ...

blah, blah, blah.

Something about improving the N3 & something regarding the tables...

Okay, I'll repeat too...

OH NO not the Eye Boggler :eek: ...

blah, blah, blah.

Something about improving the N3 & something regarding the tables...

Are we going to ride some of this mid June? :thumbup:

Whats happening mid June??? We have a Provincial on the 6th June ... But that will run a different track all together - something that Nick and I have been scheming about - Its really fun ... can be ridden on an Enduro bike too ... but you will just battle with the one rock garden.

Its no where near the Current tracks ... so its a trail that not many people have ridden before.

@ MArius C ... yes Cloud 9 is still in ... and will get some edits.

• 3 weeks later...

and then a bit further down the course - near the start of the old 4 Cross - a brand new section.

Elite Track - over the A-frame Bridge gap at the Airodrome ... into the fast left but now immediate right berm onto the 4 Cross Course ... over a long hipped table ... off a sender rock drop into a HUGE right berm and then into this 14m step down (where the car is parked) ... and then into a long shallow left hip to rejoin the old course

The Masters Track goes straight from the first left berm, across the old 4 Cross and uses the right hip into the small rock garden that we used last year before joining the 4 Cross section by a shorter stepdown that you can see next to the car.

post-16861-0-02957100-1371027962_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-86132700-1371027974_thumb.jpg

Then just some playing on the Pedal section yesterday

The 3 small ski-jumps ....http://www.mountainbiker.co.za/storage/UCI%20WC%20Aaron%20Gwin.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1332091117966

.... Are being removed .... and in their place a new step-in into a compression, followed by a large 10m long Tabletop (with lip-knuckle) is being built ... the step in will be where the first ski is - then the new jump will be in between the 2nd and 3rd ski's

Jugs Big One is then also changing and is being pushed 10m down the track to become a road gap across the access road - the Masters Track will have a B-line around the lip and the riders will have to then just jump the landing as a tabletop.

and here is some of the soil - you can see the pile in the far distance - that is for the new landing of Jugs Big One.

the Soil in the foreground will be for a bike park-style table top - of which there will be two along this section just before the bombhole.

The 2nd image is the last tabletop pile before the left turn into the Bombhole

post-16861-0-21373000-1371028487_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-38680300-1371028587_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics. In your opinion, how will this compare to the Fort william course in terms of technical difficulty?

Thanks for the pics. In your opinion, how will this compare to the Fort william course in terms of technical difficulty?

No Comparison ... Fort Bill eats wheels for breakfast! ... the top of fort bill is narrow and big hit terrain with lots of rock and huge holes! ... the middle is a root fest ... and the bottom is flat and sucks with big jumps....

SA has ... (one root ... I think! .... if that!) ... a couple of rocks ... - One super steep piece - Cloud 9 (that is actually quite straight forward to ride) ..... and then a *** pedally piece with some massive MX jumps at the end.

Fort Bill and Mt St Anne are IMO the proper man-tracks on the circuit ... nothing can compare ...

Flip, Nige.......shows you just how long ago i rode on the top section.........there were no trees when i last rode up there!!