New XT/XTR pedal "special tool"

Andymann

Haha, I've had similar occurrences with my dad.

So you swear by the copper slip grease stuff? I've never used it my self, but have hear many people talk about it. I use some stuff called pinky's- which is silver assembly grease and really like that...

I use copper slip on almost everything, from brake installations to the smallest screw/nut I have to tighten. :whistling: :blush:

I use copper slip on almost everything, from brake installations to the smallest screw/nut I have to tighten. :whistling: :blush:

Ditto - Stem bolts, skewers, BB threads - pretty much anything which you don't want to battle to take out again!

I use an Allen key, and then a 100mm Tube for a bit of leverage - finger tight, and probably about a 5-10degree angle of turn to tighten. I err on the side of too loose mostly. What I think happened here was that my bike had just been to my LBS for it's first service, and they might have noticed the pedals weren't too tight. When this one didn't come off with the usual Allen key and tube method, I went and fetched a longer tube for more leverage, and then the damn thing slipped....

Ditto ... :)

If the LBS tightened them that much that's an epic fail. Effing hate that! Had a similar thing with my car's wheel nuts when I had the tyres done.