[Event] Sabie Experience

simhen

Where do you see that?

http://www.cyclingsa.com/Article.aspx?uid=2176

As we celebrate the life of our global icon, Mr Nelson Mandela and his contribution to the sports sector, please be advised that no activity or tournament either international or domestic will take place the day of the funeral, Sunday, 15 December 2013.

Please note that during the official period of mourning National Federations hosting international and domestic championships are requested to follow guidelines provided below:

1. Before the start of the games or activities observe a moment of silence
  2. Sing the National Anthem
  3. All participants shall wear black armband on the left arm
  4. The SA flag must be flown at half mast
  5. Captains or appointed athletes must read a message of condolences to Madiba family Let us again all unite and show respect for this outstanding son of our country and the father of our young nation.

Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.

With kind regards

Mr. Tubby Reddy

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See you there, hope the weather improves, otherwise we are going to have a wet, muddy ride, which I guess is also fun.....

It's been wet for a week. It's gonna stay wet for the weekend - fortuantely not buckets, but still wet enough to make it even tougher.

http://www.cyclingsa...e.aspx?uid=2176

As we celebrate the life of our global icon, Mr Nelson Mandela and his contribution to the sports sector, please be advised that no activity or tournament either international or domestic will take place the day of the funeral, Sunday, 15 December 2013.

Please note that during the official period of mourning National Federations hosting international and domestic championships are requested to follow guidelines provided below:

1. Before the start of the games or activities observe a moment of silence

2. Sing the National Anthem

3. All participants shall wear black armband on the left arm

4. The SA flag must be flown at half mast

5. Captains or appointed athletes must read a message of condolences to Madiba family Let us again all unite and show respect for this outstanding son of our country and the father of our young nation.

Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.

With kind regards

Mr. Tubby Reddy

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

F that and a bag of chips.

I have mailed Sandy Korb to check if this applies to Sabie; will post response here as soon as I get answer from her!

Two weeks leading up to race has not been good. Training up till last weekend went very well and then came bronchitis...:-( Tried to get over it by resting, but went onto antibiotics yesterday. Eish!!! Weather doesn't look good. Might be one tough 3-days. My first stage race; so am super excited, but now very nervous due to illness & no training since last Sunday!! Will have to stick to team entry name/ strategy (aka easy riders). See you all on Friday; hopefully weather clears up nicely and hopefully health improves and hopefully we can ride on Sunday and thereby honering Madiba (doing what we love doing)!!

ok pasting this doesn't work. Here's the link:

http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/Mpumalanga/Sabie/long.html

Heavy rain today and tomorrow, light rain Saturday, some sun Sunday and rain on Monday.

Well ****. Email from Dennis (Route director) a couple of minutes ago:

Cool. Bring mud tyres and mudguards!!!

Looks like we may get some sun tomorrow.

Kind regards

Dennis Lawrie

Forest Ventures

Edited by Riaan Coetzee

Email from Sandy at the race office:

Hi Riaan

Sunday will be happening. We have permission to hold Sunday – of course with respect to Mandela – will be briefed about it

Regards

Sandy

Sent: 11 December 2013 09:43

To: Sandy Korb

Subject: FW: Sabie X TV Schedule

Hi Sandy,

What’s the deal with Sunday’s stage? There’s rumors on the internet that it’s not going to happen?

Riaan

Please post the email contents

After consultation with the Vice President, General Manager and General Secretary of Cycling South Africa I can advise you that the overwhelming opinion is that you may go ahead with your race as planned as long as respect is shown towards the relevance of the day. Riders must be addressed as to the importance of the occasion, respectful mandatory silence observed and black armbands worn by all participants.

Riders who may choose, of their own accord, not to ride should be respected and allowed to continue the following days stage.

We understand that the day has not been declared a public holiday and that the request to cancel sporting events is not supported by the introduction of law but should this change we will advise accordingly.

ok pasting this doesn't work. Here's the link:

http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/Mpumalanga/Sabie/long.html

Heavy rain today and tomorrow, light rain Saturday, some sun Sunday and rain on Monday.

Well ****. Email from Dennis (Route director) a couple of minutes ago:

Cool. Bring mud tyres and mudguards!!!

Looks like we may get some sun tomorrow.

Kind regards

Dennis Lawrie

Forest Ventures

???? Mud is not going to make me be laugh... Hope the sun shines the next couple of days!!!

Looking forward to this wet or dry. The Mamba is waiting for us!

My balls just shrunk thinking about a wet Mamba ....

Four hours at work then I am off to Sabie for a wet, muddy but wonderful four days of riding. Hopefully the Mamba is easier this time round......

See you all there!