Pyga owners - OneTen29 build advice

pedal_bob

Hi from Portugal.

I've come here as there are very few Pygas in Europe at the moment so I'm hoping there is a larger pool of knowledge here to get advice from.

I'd would like to pick some of you Pyga owners' brains and compare some of your builds.

I'm getting a large OneTen29 frame and would like to build a sub 12.5Kg bike but at the same time keep costs sensible. My plan was to go full XT drivetrain with SLX brakes, Rockshox Revelation Forks (20mm axle) and Truvativ T30 cockpit.

I'm still undecided on wheels but was thnking of ArchEX on Hope Pro II Evo hubs (or similar) or Pacenti TL28 Rims on the Hopes. I believe both the Arch and Pacenti build to around 1900g for the wheelset. Tires will either be Rocket Rons or Ikons.

Do you think with the above spec I'd be below 12.5Kg?

What specs are you guys running and what sort of weights are your bikes coming in at?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whole thread dedicated to PYGA... should be of some assistance

http://www.thehubsa..../page__hl__pyga

Yeah, I've seen that thread but it seems to have gone quiet as no posts since January. I was hoping that there would be more Pyga owners out there now who could post their builds and specs, but judging from the lack of response either there aren't many more Pyga riders out there or they're too bust riding to read the forum.

Think Awesome rides a PYGA oneten29, there was a nice build thread before the crash.

I noticed that some of my bookmarked links to posts here are no longer available. I assume the crash you're talking about is related to that.

Think Awesome rides a PYGA oneten29, there was a nice build thread before the crash.

No. He rides a 650B 120mm.

Yeah, I've seen that thread but it seems to have gone quiet as no posts since January. I was hoping that there would be more Pyga owners out there now who could post their builds and specs, but judging from the lack of response either there aren't many more Pyga riders out there or they're too bust riding to read the forum.

I noticed that some of my bookmarked links to posts here are no longer available. I assume the crash you're talking about is related to that.

There was a lot more info on that thread prior to the crash. Everything has been dated back to Jan and prior so we unfortunately lost a lot of our beloved PYGA thread.

I'll PM you my build specs etc.

No. He rides a 650B 120mm.

Sorry my bad, But it would still be of some help to the OP as he isn't particularly interested in the spec but more in the weight he might achieve. You could compensate for the slightly bigger/smaller wheel and the forks weight will be marginal.

Ive built up a few PYGA's this year, If i can remember correctly a full XT build with a Revelation on the front and Crest wheelset wraped in Onza Canis 2.2's comes in at around 12.5kgs I will see if I wrote the exact weight down after the build when I get in to work tomorrow. We deal with Patrick from PYGA quite a bit, we are currently waiting for the next batch of frames to come into the country, this should be around the end of July. They sell very quickly so pre order is neccesary. The PYGA frame looks decievingly heavy but it is quite light for what it is. Our Facebook page has some pictures of the new PGYA frame, it only comes in green. www.facebook.com/BigWheelMTB

Edited by BigWheelMTB

Ive built up a few PYGA's this year, If i can remember correctly a full XT build with a Revelation on the front and Crest wheelset wraped in Onza Canis 2.2's comes in at around 12.5kgs I will see if I wrote the exact weight down after the build when I get in to work tomorrow. We deal with Patrick from PYGA quite a bit, we are currently waiting for the next batch of frames to come into the country, this should be around the end of July. They sell very quickly so pre order is neccesary. The PYGA frame looks decievingly heavy but it is quite light for what it is. Our Facebook page has some pictures of the new PGYA frame, it only comes in green. www.facebook.com/BigWheelMTB

Mine isn't green. It has green on it, but the frame isn't green ;)

Thanks. Is that for a large frame?

So with mine being similar except with Arch EX rims on hope hubs it should expect it to come in below 13Kg.

Mine isn't green. It has green on it, but the frame isn't green ;)

The original PYGA's are brushed aluminum. Like I said the NEW ones only come in green.

Thanks. Is that for a large frame?

So with mine being similar except with Arch EX rims on hope hubs it should expect it to come in below 13Kg.

If I can remember correctly it was a Medium. Unfortunately I didn't wright down the weight of the last build but it was definitely under 13kgs.

I have a Large frame in the shop here, if you give me a few hours I will post a pic of it on the scale.

The Large frame comes in at 3.38Kgs. The original PYGA's came with the white 140mm Revelation up front, but it seems like most of the new ones will be coming with the new black 130mm Revelation with black stanchions. It's a beautiful looking fork and matches the black on the PYGA frame nicely.

post-21668-0-48361500-1370069681_thumb.jpg

post-21668-0-80154400-1370069859_thumb.jpg

post-21668-0-98318700-1370070024_thumb.jpg

post-21668-0-67673000-1370070185_thumb.jpg

post-21668-0-35685500-1370070494_thumb.jpg