What would you recommend?

Cheers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with the Bryton

main reason being that the battery life on the Bryton is a lot more then the Garmin.

Otherwise they do pretty much the same.

in terms of the South African bryton agents, I can only say good things with the dealings I've had with them (had a faulty HR strap that they replaced within a matter of days and no hassles since)

Guest Smimby

Edge 500 battery life is over 12 hours

Garmin Edge 500 - it works. Every person I know with a Bryton has issues mostly with faulty HR reading or strap.

they've worked on that issue now from what I understand.

the old 1st gen monitors leaked like a rusty bucket (one you get with the rider 35 and older)

the new 2nd gen sensors have been redesigned and actually seal, the strap is also alot more comfortable (so far haven't had issues with my replacement)

Thanks I was looking at fittrack, thanks guys I think you made the decision much easier

Ive had my bryton 40 for about a year now and not one single issue with it. The support is fantastic!!!

Garmin Edge 510, one word.........awesome! Not sure how much more it is than the 500 or the Bryton but worth it I think

My Bryton 35 works well except for the buddy feature that I can't get working (and no replies from the distributors or on the Facebook page) and the HRM that showed me cruising with a 250+ heart rate yesterday (new battery etc) ... Also buy your own rare earth magnets if you want the cadence monitor to work as the flimsy magnet they supply doesn't do the job well.

Battery life is excellent though!

Next time I will try Garmin ...

My Bryton 35's heart rate monitor also started taking in moisture all of a sudden. Less than one year old. Sent an email to Bryton SA yesterday. Will see if they reply tomorrow or not.....