Your Enduro ride

Robodog

What was the previous bikes reach? Stem length?

I'd still say you'd be better off on an xl. But you're probably on the cusp

Don't know what the reach was but the stem was 70mm,and I felt a little cramped on it. I am also leaning towards a XL. I looked at the Mondraker Foxy and on that I am a large and that TT is 660mm.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can stay with 29er wheels and getting a XL frame is not too much of an issue but I want to go to 650b so not all manufacturers make XL in 650b. There is no Spez bikes now that I can even choose from which I looked at but I like to be different and take something that not everyone is riding. So is my thinking behind the Banshee or the Tranny.Looked at some reviews on the Spitfire and I must say that bike is awesome.

Whaaaat!!? Strive cf was an option. Do you know if the prices online include EU vat?

Getting my Spectral 8.0EX tomorrow. Will post a ride report in due course. Cost about R38k with shipping to Switzerland. Here we get the black stealth(alu) one instead of the raw finish. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Looked at some reviews on the Spitfire and I must say that bike is awesome.

Got to agree with you there man. Can't believe I didn't even consider it when I was doing the same thing a month ago.

Got to agree with you there man. Can't believe I didn't even consider it when I was doing the same thing a month ago.

What did you get?

What did you get?

Spez Stumpy Expert Evo 650b. I was considering the Spez, Pascoe, Patrol and Alloy Bronson.

I wanted a great all rounder and that's exactly what I got. My budget was capped at 27k for a frame, dropper, headset, and stem. The Stumpy was the only carbon option and it worked out to be the cheapest! hahaha I was beyond stoked

Spez Stumpy Expert Evo 650b. I was considering the Spez, Pascoe, Patrol and Alloy Bronson.

I wanted a great all rounder and that's exactly what I got. My budget was capped at 27k for a frame, dropper, headset, and stem. The Stumpy was the only carbon option and it worked out to be the cheapest! hahaha I was beyond stoked

What size?

I was also considering the Stumpy expert EVO carbon after riding one.. They are sweet and the framesets are now going for 20k incl a dropper! Stealth black. But I'm gna stick out on the old 26" for another 2yrs... Getting my dream frame a SB66c!!

I went with a Large. I'm running a 55mm stem and 785mm bars and I don't feel cramped. I'm also on the cusp of Large and XL at 6ft2ndahalf.

I went with a Large. I'm running a 55mm stem and 785mm bars and I don't feel cramped. I'm also on the cusp of Large and XL at 6ft2ndahalf.

yea I would rather go XL but there is no stock of XL in the Stumpy to the Enduro range. So now I have to look elsewhere so it is Banshee or Tranny. I sold my bike at the wrong time because a lot of the 2016 stuff is going to come out soon but not soon enough so I need to get on a bike again because I am going mad.

I spoke to the guys from Good to Go cycles down here in Durbs and they have been appointed the agents for Lapierre,those will be here in a month or so.

I was also considering the Stumpy expert EVO carbon after riding one.. They are sweet and the framesets are now going for 20k incl a dropper! Stealth black. But I'm gna stick out on the old 26" for another 2yrs... Getting my dream frame a SB66c!!

Crisis, I should have held out for another month! Could have saved a cool 5k! Having a procedure done at the end of May that puts me down for 2months, so 5k for an extra month of trail doesn't seem too bad actually.

Crisis, I should have held out for another month! Could have saved a cool 5k! Having a procedure done at the end of May that puts me down for 2months, so 5k for an extra month of trail doesn't seem too bad actually.

Damn ja that sucks!! All the best for procedure dude! Sure you'll be back on the trails in no time!

Did you get the Stealth black frame?? What extra decals do you get with? Its a sick ride I'm not a huge Spez fan but I'll give it to them any day they got the Stumpy EVO 650b and The Enduro's geo sweet! They almost had me sold.

What's the pricing like on a Spitfire? What about a Kona Process? I gave it some thought when I was looking, but there's no frame only option apparently.

Damn ja that sucks!! All the best for procedure dude! Sure you'll be back on the trails in no time!

Did you get the Stealth black frame?? What extra decals do you get with? Its a sick ride I'm not a huge Spez fan but I'll give it to them any day they got the Stumpy EVO 650b and The Enduro's geo sweet! They almost had me sold.

Yeah I went all black! Looks great with the Pike and Spike wheels. It came with decals for the "Specialized" on the down tube and the "Evo" bit on the top tube. 5 colours; Red, Blue, Green, Electro and Chrome. Doubt I'll ever use them. I'm too big a fan of the stealth look.

Soooooo, I finally pulled the trigger on a new frame, meet my Spitty!

Built up with existing parts and running 26" wheels, replaceable dropouts will allow me to run 650b in the future and adjust the geo. 

A massive shout out goes out to Phia from A-Line for making my dream bike a possibility, thank you very much!

I took her out for her first rides this weekend to get the setup dialed. All I can say is that I am blown away! 

gallery_27406_1669_440169.jpg

gallery_27406_1669_175484.jpg

gallery_27406_1669_189630.jpg

gallery_27406_1669_170017.jpg

gallery_27406_1669_245074.jpg

gallery_27406_1669_398184.jpg

Archived