Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Always good to meet up with lady Hubbers for a quick pump in the woods ...

.... Clearly gotta move to CT ....

yes. The wildlife in the Camps Bay area during the pre-work hours is a sight to behold...

that was quicker than i thought it would be for a reply ????????

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...pursuant to the dilemma I had earlier around which bike to start saving for, I've come full circle and narrowed it down to the following bikes

Spaz Enduro Alu

Rose Uncle Jimbo (stupid value, 40k landed with a kick ass build)

Giant Reign Advanced

Knolly Warden

Tranny Patrol.

That Rose is crazy

Of these, the Giant represents by far the most value. Carbon frame, reverb stealth, XT/SLX build kit, Pike RC, Monarch RT3 etc for 47k retail. Just too good to ignore. 

Now to start saving...

Okay...pursuant to the dilemma I had earlier around which bike to start saving for, I've come full circle and narrowed it down to the following bikes

Spaz Enduro Alu

Giant Reign Advanced

Knolly Warden

Tranny Patrol.

Of these, the Giant represents by far the most value. Carbon frame, reverb stealth, XT/SLX build kit, Pike RC, Monarch RT3 etc for 47k retail. Just too good to ignore. 

Now to start saving...

Yeah I was contemplating the Rose bike as well.

Also check commencal store uk, they now have an ala carte section and you can build your bike and leave out parts etc

I have no care in the world for wheel sizes but what would you take if you had to choose between:

Yeti SB66c frame 26" (dream bike for me as I've always been a Yeti fan)

Or

Spez Stumpjumper Expert EVO carbon 650b frame

Spaz Enduro Alu

Giant Reign Advanced

Knolly Warden

Tranny Patrol.

Now to start saving...

What about a Canyon Spectral AL or Strive AL? I was super keen on getting the Spectral AL but my funds aren't gona cut it.. And YES the will ship to SA already spoke to them.

Why no Banshee Spitfire Caps?

..... 26 and 27.5 dropouts .... adjustable geo (3 settings) on both ....

choice of shocks

takes decent range of long-travel forks

Have you crossed this one off?

What about a Canyon Spectral AL or Strive AL? I was super keen on getting the Spectral AL but my funds aren't gona cut it.. And YES the will ship to SA already spoke to them.

Whaaaat!!? Strive cf was an option. Do you know if the prices online include EU vat?

Why no Banshee Spitfire Caps?

..... 26 and 27.5 dropouts .... adjustable geo (3 settings) on both ....

choice of shocks

takes decent range of long-travel forks

Have you crossed this one off?

Prefer the patrol tbh mate. Water bottle spot...

Whaaaat!!? Strive cf was an option. Do you know if the prices online include EU vat?

I'm not sure about the EU vat but they did give me a quote on shipping complete bike, think it was €399 + €16 for a bike guard.

DAMN the Strive CF is one sick bike! First choice if I had the savings.

I'm not sure about the EU vat but they did give me a quote on shipping complete bike, think it was €399 + €16 for a bike guard.

DAMN the Strive CF is one sick bike! First choice if I had the savings.

just checked - it does iinclude EU VAT @ 19%. So the list price incl vat. 

That's not bad on the shipping tbh. But still... That brings it to 60k landed incl our VAT, shipping & duties. 

That's for the Strive 8.0 race. 

Still definitely an option - but worth 13k more than the Reign Advanced?

just checked - it does iinclude EU VAT @ 19%. So the list price incl vat.

That's not bad on the shipping tbh. But still... That brings it to 60k landed incl our VAT, shipping & duties.

That's for the Strive 8.0 race.

Still definitely an option - but worth 13k more than the Reign Advanced?

The Strive 8.0 Race is sick! Renthal cockpit and all! And definitly worth the extra 13k if I had it.

The Reign Advanced is a sick bike at the price and its hot but the Stive CF is just so much more if you have the cash..

Thought i'd add my ride to the growing collection of awesome rides on this thread.

I've had it a couple of months now and it blows me away everytime I go out spinning.

post-31301-0-46296400-1429856787_thumb.jpg

Archived