Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Hehe no. Close though. Lebomboberg laan going down from Barzen Head to die Skietwinkel. 

haha, looked very similar to a complex that one of my friends use to live. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, looked very similar to a complex that one of my friends use to live. 

Yeah all the complexes kinda look the same in the area.

Cheers man!

Do you sell them Monarchs?

Quite a steepish price damn, I will have to get saving......

I sell any bike parts I can source.

I bring bits in from a supplier Germany as and when needed.

6k is ball park, could probably trim that price down a bit depending on the exchange rate at the time of order.

A normal monarch will cost you in the region of 5k in SA. For a bit more you can get a monarch plus with auto sag. I'm not sure you would even find a monarch for a spaz in SA.

Specialized do offer shock upgrades to some of their bikes, eye to eye and stroke are critical, as well having the right end to fit into their yoke system.

Ditch the autosag - a waste of money, and Fox trying to be clever and failing....again

For a bit more you can get a monarch plus with auto sag.

Specialized do offer shock upgrades to some of their bikes, eye to eye and stroke are critical, as well having the right end to fit into their yoke system.

Ditch the autosag - a waste of money, and Fox trying to be clever and failing....again

Monarch plus is RockShox/SRAM.

Or, i am mistaken?

I sell any bike parts I can source.

I bring bits in from a supplier Germany as and when needed.

6k is ball park, could probably trim that price down a bit depending on the exchange rate at the time of order.

A normal monarch will cost you in the region of 5k in SA. For a bit more you can get a monarch plus with auto sag. I'm not sure you would even find a monarch for a spaz in SA.

Cool thanks, I am constantly saving up for new upgrades. I will get back to you when the time has arrived for the Monarch Plus. Hopefully by then, the Euro has been clapped a bit by the Rand.......pfff.

Cool thanks, I am constantly saving up for new upgrades. I will get back to you when the time has arrived for the Monarch Plus. Hopefully by then, the Euro has been clapped a bit by the Rand.......pfff.

We might even be able to get our hands on a monarch plus rc3 debonair with the spaz mount. I am after one myself for my Enduro.

We might even be able to get our hands on a monarch plus rc3 debonair with the spaz mount. I am after one myself for my Enduro.

Yeah I like that idea, please let me know what you can find out.

I will properly measure my ete this weekend with a vernier. The RC3 Debonair is the shizzle!

I can help out with Cane Creek DBInlines with SPez specific mount for anyone who may be interested.

http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Specialized-S-Works-Enduro-650B-27.jpg

Hey Guys,

I have a Giant Anthem X29er and would like to do some Enduro's, what would you suggest I "upgrade" to make my bike more enduro friendly?

Current Setup:

RS Recon Silver fork

RS Monarch shock

Shifters: SRAM X7 2x10

FD: SRAM X7

RD: SRAM X0

Crank: SRAM X9 2x10

Brakes: Formula R1

Wheels: Syncros with 180mm rotor front and 160mm rotor rear

Bars: Rapidé Rize-R 780 Bars

Stem: Giant 80mm

Seatpost: Giant

Pedals: Shimano clipless M540

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Thanks for the advice El Capitan...I have a 40mm stem and will see if I can get the fork spaced, think it's a RS Recon Silver RL...

Hey Guys,

I have a Giant Anthem X29er and would like to do some Enduro's, what would you suggest I "upgrade" to make my bike more enduro friendly?

Current Setup:

RS Recon Silver fork

RS Monarch shock

Shifters: SRAM X7 2x10

FD: SRAM X7

RD: SRAM X0

Crank: SRAM X9 2x10

Brakes: Formula R1

Wheels: Syncros with 180mm rotor front and 160mm rotor rear

Bars: Rapidé Rize-R 780 Bars

Stem: Giant 80mm

Seatpost: Giant

Pedals: Shimano clipless M540

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale - Although as El Cap says a 120mm spaced fork would be "better" (not sure what yours is at now anyway) ... I would say just go and ride the Enduros ....

We have guys doing then here on their hardtails and they have just as much fun as the okes on their fancy Enduro spec bikes. ...

Your bike as it is will be more than capable. You may find your limits on the bike a bit sooner than on a bike thats more forgiving, but at the end of the day this wont make that much of a difference. 

So dont worry about fiddling to much, - maybe throw the 40mm stem on if you feel like it, but remember to give it a whirl first so that you can get used to the added agility of the bike when you do ....

Just take an allenkey with you to lower your seat for the actual race stages and you will be good 

Dale - Although as El Cap says a 120mm spaced fork would be "better" (not sure what yours is at now anyway) ... I would say just go and ride the Enduros ....

We have guys doing then here on their hardtails and they have just as much fun as the okes on their fancy Enduro spec bikes. ...

Your bike as it is will be more than capable. You may find your limits on the bike a bit sooner than on a bike thats more forgiving, but at the end of the day this wont make that much of a difference. 

So dont worry about fiddling to much, - maybe throw the 40mm stem on if you feel like it, but remember to give it a whirl first so that you can get used to the added agility of the bike when you do ....

Just take an allenkey with you to lower your seat for the actual race stages and you will be good 

Bazinga

Archived