The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

I know quite weird after all the hype about their super domestique capabilites. Maybe they were more burnt by the giro than everyone thought.

The Vuelta... Not much in that for Twiggo this year with +/-40km of TT and a lot of mtn top finishes. Reckon they'll be getting Uran ready for a full tilt at that with Henao as his lieutenant.

Perhaps... but if he's leaving as everyone seems to be assuming... ? Either way reckon he would be in with a serious chance if they did back him.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps... but if he's leaving as everyone seems to be assuming... ? Either way reckon he would be in with a serious chance if they did back him.

Would be great to see them line up it if they're not freezing Uran out. Will be interesting next year with Quintana, Betancour, Henao and Uran all on different teams.

Unfortunately I don't think Robbie Hunter will make the team this year...

:-(

Yeah

Just cos everyone love a bit of l'alpe d'huez on a lazy friday...

post-15825-0-39048100-1371823916_thumb.jpg

that belongs on the Awesome thread. :thumbup:

Katusha Team for the Tour de France 2013: Pavel Brutt, Alexander Kristoff, Aliaksandr Kuchynski, Alberto Losada, Daniel Moreno, Joaquim Rodriguez, Gatis Smukulis, Yuriy Trofimov and Eduard Vorganov.

“I think we will have the best and strongest roster we could choose,” said Sport Director Valerio Piva. “We will have Joaquim Rodriguez as a leader, and our main goal is to fight for general classification with him. For this aim, we have strong climbers such as Losada, Trofimov and, of course, Moreno, that will be our second in command.

“I’m not giving up on it.... Last year I was second in the Giro and third in the Vuelta and I could have won both of them. I am a mature rider. I know it’s complicated but I won’t rule myself out before the race begins.”

J Rod on success in TdF

Maybe Wiggo will have the Epic as a goal too?

---

“If I do anything else after this it will be stuff I want to do, stuff that I’m willing to train hard and sacrifice ... For me it was always about winning the Tour, that was a huge thing for me, a huge journey; I’ve been doing that four years. I don’t know if I’d want to go through all that again to be honest... I've always had other goals and there are other things I’d like to try and do,” he added, without elaborating.

Seems like the deal is sealed... Jens has anointed Froome as the winner followed by Conti' and TJ for the rest of the podium.

"Right now, I think it will be Froome, Contador and Van Garderen. I might end up looking like a prophet, or I may end up looking like a fool - but that is my podium."

Voigt and his team-mates scouted some of the Tour's mountain stages at the end of May, and he feels the first day in the Pyrenees on stage eight will prove decisive.

It includes a 2,001m climb up the Col de Pailheres and ends with a mountain-top finish on the 1,375m Ax 3 Domaines.

"That night, we will know who will be on the podium in Paris," Voigt said.

Edited by hellocolour