Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

Race report on IMSA from international athlete if anyone is interested

http://robgray.org/?p=993

Great link - thanks

Guy should have been DQ'ed, he littered (dropped his pressure gauge) and received outside assistance (time splits) :ph34r:

Read the robgrayblog that travis posted

Quote:

"We then spotted the first cheater of the day. There was a short guy with a beard in the front row, wearing a blue seventy helix with floatation pads stuffed down the side of his legs! The other guys were joking with me that I clearly bought the “non-premium” helix http://robgray.org/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif Unfortunately there is no way to identify someone on the swim, so I assume he just got away with it…"

:eek:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gees do you really think you need to do more training? Surely after all the training for IM and IM your body should be well trained! Sounds like you should be resting and not training. Better to go into ITU rested than tired

+1

My PB 4kTT run was done 2 weeks after Leppin IM, did no exercise in those 2 weeks...felt great

Gees do you really think you need to do more training? Surely after all the training for IM and IM your body should be well trained! Sounds like you should be resting and not training. Better to go into ITU rested than tired

I agree, I am not going to go too hard or long I just dont want the cobwebs to get much thicker

Great link - thanks

Read the robgrayblog that travis posted

Quote:

"We then spotted the first cheater of the day. There was a short guy with a beard in the front row, wearing a blue seventy helix with floatation pads stuffed down the side of his legs! The other guys were joking with me that I clearly bought the “non-premium” helix http://robgray.org/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif Unfortunately there is no way to identify someone on the swim, so I assume he just got away with it…"

:eek:

Yip. Reminds me of the story of the athlete who buried fins in the sand....I like to think its just a fairy tale

Yip. Reminds me of the story of the athlete who buried fins in the sand....I like to think its just a fairy tale

I dunno, I remember once hearing about a guy getting banned for wearing some kind of floatation device down the front of his speedo...true story

Everybody that did Ironman this year sucks. Look what you made me do! :ph34r:

Congratulations on your entry to the 2015 IRONMAN South Africa Triathlon. :blush: :w00t: :clap: :wacko:

No fairytale, they call him finman

http://triduffer.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ironman-cheating-thumb.jpg?w=434&h=348

Congratulations on your entry to the 2015 IRONMAN South Africa Triathlon. :blush: :w00t: :clap: :wacko:

Dude have you seen the weather forecast for next year, looks hectic

Anyone else who did Ironman doing Two Oceans this weekend and ITU next weekend?

If the legs are already feeling slugish now I have a good idea what they going to feel like on Sunday...

Dude have you seen the weather forecast for next year, looks hectic

I heard they changing the swim route, going to be a few hills next year

I heard they changing the swim route, going to be a few hills next year

I heard the swim is going to be 2km straight out and then 1.8km straight back.

Anyone else who did Ironman doing Two Oceans this weekend and ITU next weekend?

If the legs are already feeling slugish now I have a good idea what they going to feel like on Sunday...

I am doing the half on Saturday, but I have no target in mind for time. My legs are still tired and I had the flu as well. I am going to enjoy the half with my wife on Saturday.

Maybe you should start a 2015 thread?

Archived