Trail/Enduro Bike Friendly DH race - Cascades KZN - Sat 8th June

nigelhicks

I would be. I don't have a full face though. But that's just a good reason to get one :)

If you dont have a full face just ask around ... some mate must have an old MX helmet you could borrow ...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How high does this start Nige? Looks like its just below the table tops, heading down the routes section and joining treehouse via the old track just above the new switchbacks coming from Cascades towards English Rd...

Quite pedally, but can be nice and fast!

Hey Ryan

It is not that high up! ... if you are driving up the access road towards the Tabletops it starts at the top of the first uphill on the road. (there is a pump station thing on the left of the road) ... It then goes across the road and into the wattles which are on your right as you are driving up the access road. There is a waterworn gully on the side of the road and the track twists through this before a small pedal section and then dropping down into the current XC rock garden etc.

Its a nice short 5 min shuttle up English Road with about a 2 min run - i found an OLD headcam of the Cascades national track from 2006 ... so i edited out the top of the track and started it pretty much where the start will be for this event,

The track wont be identical but will be pretty close. _ its busy uploading as i type

Edited by nigelhicks

In terms of the XC, will the race be on hte elite or the masters course ?

I donno dude - you'll have to chat to Nick Floros about that one

A video from 2006 of the lower portion of what was the National DH track ...

Where the track drops down that steep bank in this video .. and i stuff up the right hander ... the track will go straight there and through the Treehouse rock garden on the XC

Then the lower bridges will also change as they are no longer there - we will use a portion of the Corkscrew section on the current XC track and then end next to the parkin

g

Edited by nigelhicks

Hey Ryan

It is not that high up! ... if you are driving up the access road towards the Tabletops it starts at the top of the first uphill on the road. (there is a pump station thing on the left of the road) ... It then goes across the road and into the wattles which are on your right as you are driving up the access road. There is a waterworn gully on the side of the road and the track twists through this before a small pedal section and then dropping down into the current XC rock garden etc.

Its a nice short 5 min shuttle up English Road with about a 2 min run - i found an OLD headcam of the Cascades national track from 2006 ... so i edited out the top of the track and started it pretty much where the start will be for this event,

The track wont be identical but will be pretty close. _ its busy uploading as i type

OOPs - i hit the wrong button ... sorry for the repost

Edited by nigelhicks

2 pics i found from the upper section of the old track back in 2005/2006

The double is no longer there and neither is the pallet - but we will build something similar this weekend hopefully

post-16861-0-82358100-1369810928_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-18389000-1369810938_thumb.jpg

If you dont have a full face just ask around ... some mate must have an old MX helmet you could borrow ...

Don't know why I didn't think of that. I have an awesome Airoh mx helmet at home from my super moto days..

lets do it! I am super keen.

Can leave the Friday morning 1st thing.......

I have work on the sunday, but if I can get out of it, then I'm 90% there, then just to clear with the minister of finance and transport and I'm there :w00t: