Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

I will go check with them bank at lunchtime and see what she says :whistling:

If I pay the deposit and for some reason figure out I can make it at some point how much of the deposit is refundable? :ph34r:

Ja. The deposit is fully refundable up to the point I book the tickets. Then standard airline cancellation fee's will kick in. The accommodation deposit which makes up part of the 12k is fully refundable.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No trust me when I say "massive" its a good one, it's has a two to three year shelf life :clap:

Did you put a ring on it?

Dont be silly, that would absorb far to much of my cycling budget! :whistling:

Cash in your claim now with the following rider:

Should subject claim not be exercised due to conditions beyond your control (eg Zuma closed the borders! Omega Man ran away with the money (@OMM:I know where you live! or ride anyway...)) then the original claim award will be re-instated to the same value (ie don't f**** it up between now and July '14 by providing an opportunity for cancellation of the claim due to actions that be construed as same of higher value than your current claim!) :devil:

OR maybe as you say, your claim is of such high value that no conditions exist in which case you good to go! :clap:

Guest Omega Man

Cash in your claim now with the following rider:

Should subject claim not be exercised due to conditions beyond your control (eg Zuma closed the borders! Omega Man ran away with the money (@OMM:I know where you live! or ride anyway...)) then the original claim award will be re-instated to the same value (ie don't f**** it up between now and July '14 by providing an opportunity for cancellation of the claim due to actions that be construed as same of higher value than your current claim!) :devil:

OR maybe as you say, your claim is of such high value that no conditions exist in which case you good to go! :clap:

Haha. Stealing peoples deposits is hardly a sustainable business model. I'd be happy to send you my address in a PM.

Haha. Stealing peoples deposits is hardly a sustainable business model. I'd be happy to send you my address in a PM.

P.M. sent :ph34r:

Just kidding :clap:

I have just recieved the "pass go and collect a MTB trip to france" card via whatsapp :clap:

Now lets see if I can gather the deposit together by month end :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

P.M. sent :ph34r:

Just kidding :clap:

I have just recieved the "pass go and collect a MTB trip to france" card via whatsapp :clap:

Now lets see if I can gather the deposit together by month end :whistling:

Ha. Whatsapp counts as written consent. I just want to warn you. (And anyone else coming) This trip is like eating the red pill in the Matrix.

Your ENTIRE outlook on trails and Mountain biking WILL change forever.

Ha. Whatsapp counts as written consent. I just want to warn you. (And anyone else coming) This trip is like eating the red pill in the Matrix.

Your ENTIRE outlook on trails and Mountain biking WILL change forever.

Yeah on that note. I recently moved to Paarl.

I was convinced that I would be restricted to the Downhill run for something that at least resembled trail riding, because the Jan Phillips gravel road is pretty much what constitutes "trail" around there.

Imagine my surprise when, coming back from a ride down the DH line I saw the mountain riddled with obstacles. Upon closer inspection I have now discovered some seriously fun trail measuring about 5km in total right on my doorstep!!!

What surprised me though (and this links with what you say) was how clearly abandoned a lot of the trail seemed. You could see almost no-one rides them ever, and it's not like there aren't a TON of MTB'ers in Paarl.

Me and Francois (another local) have been building some new bits and I think I've been the only one even down them in the last four days (not that I'm complaining):

post-41238-0-13481600-1378724452_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-70723700-1378724452_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-24406200-1378724453_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-74563600-1378724453_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-92421800-1378724453_thumb.jpg

Nah, that's cool! I'll just ride over you next time I see you pushing uphill! I got new elbow guards so I won't get hurt!

Yeah on that note. I recently moved to Paarl.

I was convinced that I would be restricted to the Downhill run for something that at least resembled trail riding, because the Jan Phillips gravel road is pretty much what constitutes "trail" around there.

Imagine my surprise when, coming back from a ride down the DH line I saw the mountain riddled with obstacles. Upon closer inspection I have now discovered some seriously fun trail measuring about 5km in total right on my doorstep!!!

What surprised me though (and this links with what you say) was how clearly abandoned a lot of the trail seemed. You could see almost no-one rides them ever, and it's not like there aren't a TON of MTB'ers in Paarl.

Me and Francois (another local) have been building some new bits and I think I've been the only one even down them in the last four days (not that I'm complaining):

post-41238-0-13481600-1378724452_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-70723700-1378724452_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-24406200-1378724453_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-74563600-1378724453_thumb.jpg

post-41238-0-92421800-1378724453_thumb.jpg

Planning some similar bits on the ***** here in JHB

Guest Omega Man

I know, I know. I wasn't intentionally quoting Beyoncé.

Now I've got that song in my head. Thanks. Time to bust out the White Zombie.

Now I've got that song in my head. Thanks. Time to bust out the White Zombie.

Like you need a reason to raise the roof with Astro Creep 2000

Planning some similar bits on the ***** here in JHB

That specific line is maybe 200m long, but with 4 jumps, one nice drop-off and two lekker berms it's great to just do over and over again to hone some basic skills and build confidence without risking serious injury.

That specific line is maybe 200m long, but with 4 jumps, one nice drop-off and two lekker berms it's great to just do over and over again to hone some basic skills and build confidence without risking serious injury.

I just demolished 2 large wooden panels that closed up my carport. This leaves me with a ton of planks to turn into stuff. :D