Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Trail & Tar have ODI Rogue. Those are the boy's I recommend for Alps riding. Nice and fat (More natural hand position) and extra vibration damping.

I may have to call in a favour to have someone (hint hint) pick me up a pair since it's rather impractical for me all the way from Paarl...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Ok this is a first. The Chavannes lift in Les Gets is running TODAY!

I actually don't understand. It's in France and it's open ahead of time.

post-18968-0-66947800-1401360971_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

I was riding 8 weeks after the last break, I could ride but it was a bit uncomfortable and sore.

We leave in 9 weeks so just enough time, Im concerned about strength and pain, more strength though but ill take it easy :thumbup:

Sorry about you arm Peach - I hope it can heal in time.

plus que deux mois

I think it's 'moin que' for us now :clap:

Still to do:- put on big rubber, big rotors, jack up fork. Acquire appropriate protective gear.

Where to get a fullface helmet? Have to be able to try it on first. Might just have to start off with trail lid and when buy one there.

I'm in joburg.

believe it or not, but the last (and only time) I was at Cycle Lab they had FF's...cant remember if they were 'cool' though, but you can fit some there and get the feel about the size you will need and Dial'd might be an option to buy (dont know where one gets the best prices these days though).

Guest Omega Man

Where to get a fullface helmet? Have to be able to try it on first. Might just have to start off with trail lid and when buy one there.

We'll be going to Les Gets on day 1 for sure so you can get a little retail therapy done. There's 3 shops within spitting distance of the lifts (literally) but there's a particular favorite of ours that's about 400m away. They have the biggest range typically.

With you riding big yeller might i suggest the following?

post-18968-0-70255400-1401428039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Sorry about you arm Peach - I hope it can heal in time.

I think it's 'moin que' for us now :clap:

Still to do:- put on big rubber, big rotors, jack up fork. Acquire appropriate protective gear.

believe it or not, but the last (and only time) I was at Cycle Lab they had FF's...cant remember if they were 'cool' though, but you can fit some there and get the feel about the size you will need and Dial'd might be an option to buy (dont know where one gets the best prices these days though).

Last time I was there they had a very cool full face...

A Bell Full 9.

http://cdn1.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Bell_Full9_H_BlkYelw_34_hr.jpg

...but that there is a six thousand Rondt lid.

Guest Omega Man

Last time I was there they had a very cool full face...

A Bell Full 9.

http://cdn1.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Bell_Full9_H_BlkYelw_34_hr.jpg

...but that there is a six thousand Rondt lid.

It would match rather nicely with a PYGA Pascoe tho.........

Built in Gopro mount. Very nice helmet.

Edited by Omega Man

Thanks for the tips guys (and girls).

Cycle lab - who would have thought? It's worth sticking my nose in. Dial'd only have the 661 which seems like a decent option too.I would like to not go too overboard on cost - maybe 2-3k max, but if I get something that fits fine, breaths and not too heavy for less that's ok too.

In any case I'm not one of those going huge. I'm going to taking it easy over there.

With you riding big yeller might i suggest the following?

post-18968-0-70255400-1401428039_thumb.jpg

When I get back it's probably going to server mainly ornamental purposes, so color schemes should be chosen to go with my "stuff" room.

Cycle lab - who would have thought? It's worth sticking my nose in. Dial'd only have the 661 which seems like a decent option too.I would like to not go too overboard on cost - maybe 2-3k max, but if I get something that fits fine, breaths and not too heavy for less that's ok too.

In any case I'm not one of those going huge. I'm going to taking it easy over there.

When I get back it's probably going to server mainly ornamental purposes, so color schemes should be chosen to go with my "stuff" room.

Nothing wrong with a 661 Comp.

for 2 - 3k you may be able to get a composite Kabuto

Guest Omega Man

Spoil Sport.

Dialed have that 661 cheapie for R1200ish. That should more than suffice.

Guest Omega Man

I admit that I might have a slight helmet fetish. These 2 retiree's are in my bar.

post-18968-0-77801100-1401436112_thumb.jpg

I also bought a Bell Full 9 last month on a whim to help a friend with his World Champs financing but it didn't feel quite right so I've sold it on to a mate.

661 is a good option, their new lids are super comfy! You are welcome to try mine on for size. :thumbup: