Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php

Its a Tech related forum, with extensive trading section.

That not a bad portable gaming rig :) for right price i'm sure it will move fast

What would you consider the right price? Sorry for the questions, just not sure of what these could go for.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible Game. Finished it last week. Took a bit longer than expected because I did all my fishing trophies and also alot of hunting. But overall this is def my game of the year sofar. I'm now just waiting for RDR2.

Along with the sound design and shooting / gameplay mechanics in FC5 - Im loving the humour & random comments from the characters. Hurc and Sharky partnered up as allies for the win!  

Also enjoying how the map / missions unlock through exploration vs a million random icons to pick through on the map.So many different kinds of stuff to do, never gets boring.

i'm about 3/4 through the last territory on PS4... game kicks ass - no doubt.

That looks pretty sweet!!

I checked out some streamers playing one of the first versions. It looks exciting but they reported MANY bugs. There were like 5 teams all hunting a giant spider. The spider was ripping hunters apart one by one. In some dark basement type cellar. If you engage with a team already hunting. You risk getting picked off by the monster while fighting each other. So the last two teams decided **** it. Lets take down this spider together first. Then once the monster is down the teams fight for the loot. I like battle royale angle too. Same as PUBG rules. You only get one life on a hunt. If you're alone. Depleted health bar means you die instantly and can't come back for the same hunt. But if your health is depleted while playing in a team. You're knocked out. As long as your team mate is alive he can revive you. If your team mate gets knocked while you're alread down. You both die instantly. Because there's nobody left to revive.

I checked out some streamers playing one of the first versions. It looks exciting but they reported MANY bugs. There were like 5 teams all hunting a giant spider. The spider was ripping hunters apart one by one. In some dark basement type cellar. If you engage with a team already hunting. You risk getting picked off by the monster while fighting each other. So the last two teams decided **** it. Lets take down this spider together first. Then once the monster is down the teams fight for the loot. I like battle royale angle too. Same as PUBG rules. You only get one life on a hunt. If you're alone. Depleted health bar means you die instantly and can't come back for the same hunt. But if your health is depleted while playing in a team. You're knocked out. As long as your team mate is alive he can revive you. If your team mate gets knocked while you're alread down. You both die instantly. Because there's nobody left to revive.

Still sounds pretty rad! I like that you can’t just go all cowboy and get health etc. Is this for pc only?

Still sounds pretty rad! I like that you can’t just go all cowboy and get health etc. Is this for pc only?

So far yes. Still in pre-release stage. There will probably console ports once there's a stable (and official) v1.0. I'm just assuming of course. But its likely that developers would cash in on multiple platforms.

Steam reviews are a mixed bag but this one sums it up pretty well.

Brilliant game. But for now. Lots of bugs...

Have you ever had a milkshake so thick that you literally CAN'T drink it?

But every now and then you'll get a little tiny sip that makes you wanna keep trying.

Eventually you just set the shake down and wait.

That's what this game is.

I for one appreciate the direction in which developers are going with games these days.

Pre-releases generally go for around R300 or less. Which is pretty fair if you ask me.

Forking out R1000 per title (which you expect to be a polished product) only to be disappointed in the end is very frustrating.

But this way, developers depend on gamers for feedback to make fixes and changes.

PUBG has seen a long (very long) list of updates and changes. Its not perfect. 

But because it has such an active community who engage with developers, bug fixes roll out pretty quickly and changes and events are always on the horizon to keep things fresh.

Games may be buggy to begin with. But they're much cheaper. And if you report bugs developers actually listen. Well most times. They also often implement suggestions for changes and additions to their games based on feedback. Creative ideas from the community are also often implemented. Win win if you ask me. But ya. There will always be bugs.

I guess you have to break a few eggs if you wanna eat cake. 

I thought I would give Starcraft 2 a try, although before I could do that, I had to download the patch - which was almost 40 gigs. I downloaded up to where it said 'Optimal' and paused it. I'll download the rest of the patch when I get topped up. So, I decided to carry on where I left off in Mass Effect 3 - still a great game for its time.

In other news, I've pre-ordered Sonic Mania Plus for the Switch, purely for nostalgia.

I thought I would give Starcraft 2 a try, although before I could do that, I had to download the patch - which was almost 40 gigs. I downloaded up to where it said 'Optimal' and paused it. I'll download the rest of the patch when I get topped up. So, I decided to carry on where I left off in Mass Effect 3 - still a great game for its time.

In other news, I've pre-ordered Sonic Mania Plus for the Switch, purely for nostalgia.

Its such a shame that Sega doesn't exist as a competitive platform anymore.

Their last console was the Dreamcast in the early 2000s I think. The xbox vs playstation war really killed them off. As well as the arcade industry. Meanwhile Nintendo has been innovating and carving out their own market space without a need to compete with those two. Such a shame. Mario will forever be Nintendo's avatar. Sony never did get this right. They tried with Crash Bandicoot. But failed miserably. They have a plethora of exclusive characters which slowly filtered out of exclusivity as they cashed in on other platforms. Like Tekken. But lets face it. Sony just doesn't have the rich retro gaming history like Sega or Nintendo. Sonic was always Sega's avatar. Like Mario was to Nintendo. To see Sonic ported to other platforms is such a shame. In hindsight, since Sega has since ventured into the software side of things. 

Why did they not reach out to other Japanese game companies? Capcom, SNK, Bandai or Namco. I guess its in the interest of those companies to keep their options open with regards to cross platform gaming. Still. The purist in me cringes at the thought of Sonic being played on a Nintendo. 

Its such a shame that Sega doesn't exist as a competitive platform anymore.

Their last console was the Dreamcast in the early 2000s I think. The xbox vs playstation war really killed them off. As well as the arcade industry. Meanwhile Nintendo has been innovating and carving out their own market space without a need to compete with those two. Such a shame. Mario will forever be Nintendo's avatar. Sony never did get this right. They tried with Crash Bandicoot. But failed miserably. They have a plethora of exclusive characters which slowly filtered out of exclusivity as they cashed in on other platforms. Like Tekken. But lets face it. Sony just doesn't have the rich retro gaming history like Sega or Nintendo. Sonic was always Sega's avatar. Like Mario was to Nintendo. To see Sonic ported to other platforms is such a shame. In hindsight, since Sega has since ventured into the software side of things.

Why did they not reach out to other Japanese game companies? Capcom, SNK, Bandai or Namco. I guess its in the interest of those companies to keep their options open with regards to cross platform gaming. Still. The purist in me cringes at the thought of Sonic being played on a Nintendo.

Ja, if Sega were still in the console market then I wouldn't mind having a Sega console to go with my Switch. I have an AtGames Megadrive, but it's nothing like the original. Started on a Famicom then progressed to a Megadrive, then got a hand-me-down Gameboy, so I didn't really have a preference.

You mention Crash Bandicoot, that's coming out on the Switch as well, as well as on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, lol.

Dreamcast was their last console, but unfortunately Sega had no chance after the Xbox and PS were released.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I am on the boat in black sails.....

I just can not get into the game and have decided to park it for now. 

What do you suggest I get next? 

I am on the boat in black sails.....

I just can not get into the game and have decided to park it for now.

What do you suggest I get next?

What kind of game is Black Sails? What genres of games do you enjoy? Perhaps decide from there?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk