Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

5KC618z.jpg

SOlDWVG.jpg

h8wflQK.jpg

So recently I've become somewhat obsessed with character customization in pubg.

The game itself only costs a tad over R300. And the better you are at the game. The more points you score. Points which can be used to buy items such as those listed above. But if you want, you could throw some cash at the items themselves too. Now bare in mind. That nothing. Absolutely nothing you buy. Gives you a playing advantage in the game itself. A pay to win system would defeat the purpose of the game itself. And so, all items for trade or sale, are purely cosmetic. Take a look at some of the prices... 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at 14c it's overpriced, but damn, those high end prices are mental.

The value of items hinges on a few things. PUBG corp don't price items that are on sale. At all. So its not like game developers are directly responsible for the value of items on the Steam Market.

As you play you rack up points. When you earn enough points to afford a crate. You choose whether to buy the crate or not. The more points you earn. The more crates you can get. There are also various crates earned at various tiers of player progress. Now some of the crates can be opened immediately. Others require a key. A key costs $2.50. Every crate contains only a single random item of clothing. And you never know whats inside till you open it. I've opened so many and keep getting the same ***. Because the chances of getting something good. Are minuscule. 

x7lcSE8.jpg

But someone somewhere must get these items right? And since they're so rare. Those who are lucky enough to find them. List the items for sale on the Steam Market.  The higher the demand for rare items. The greater the value. Enough people however have found some of the same rare items. Resulting in numerous identical listings. So a player might find a rare item but the value thereof would be determined by the same item already listed on the market. So if someone finds a jacket that has a 0.5% chance of being found. He can list it for any price he wants. And people can make offers to buy it at any price they want. But items for sale will always compete with the price of identical existing items already listed on the market. So as absurd as the prices may seem. They're not price tags set by either the game developers or steam. Although. Steam does take something like 5% of every transaction. 

kSCOPU2.jpg

These are some of the items in my inventory. I have not spent a dime on crates, keys, or any item of clothing (real money) All the crates I earn. I sell. (For real money) I then take that money and buy stuff on the steam market. That way I get exactly what I want. Instead of hoping for something good when I open the crate.

Edited by popcorn_skollie

Okay, bugger Bayonetta, my next game for the Switch is going to be Kirby: Star Allies - mainly for the missus:

And then Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze:

I've got Mario and Zelda, so wanting to get the rest of the Nintendo mascots.

Tiny Barbarian also looks like fun:

I must say, since having a dedicated games room, I spend more time gaming now than I did when we were in our previous flat.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

LOL. Not at that price, and only available in April. I'm still a PC Boy at heart. 

Just a suggestion, maybe think about putting some dosh aside later on for a Switch for your son, or for both you and your son? He will thank you, I think. Nintendo mainly focuses on games for the whole family, although there are also games more suited for adults on the Switch as well, and the games library is growing.

My daughter is only 10 and half months old, but I'll be keeping our Switch for her for when she's old enough to enjoy and acknowledge video games.

Just a suggestion, maybe think about putting some dosh aside later on for a Switch for your son, or for both you and your son? He will thank you, I think. Nintendo mainly focuses on games for the whole family, although there are also games more suited for adults on the Switch as well, and the games library is growing.

My daughter is only 10 and half months old, but I'll be keeping our Switch for her for when she's old enough to enjoy and acknowledge video games.

I'm getting him a couple games for the xbox. came with 2 controllers and I've got a live account, so will be getting some games that both of us can enjoy.. 

Downloaded a few Sega, Atari, and Nintendo classics on my phone the other day, for when I leave the PSP or Switch at home. I prefer gaming with a controller though.

5da725c8e364c514fd425f9198fc2806.jpgacb6326f36c72cd583842a3529eada10.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk