Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam, I see Diablo 3 is sold out for the Switch, and I'm so enjoying D3 on PC.

Playing it on normal, and playing as the Barbarian. Got him up to level 16 so far. I have a Templar tagging along for the adventure, and both of us equipped with some lekker weaponry. Next mission will be the Barbarian, the Templar and Leah for some monster hunting, and to find the second piece of the broken blade.

I'm actually not surprised Blizzard are doing so well with their games, and have done well over the years. When I bought D3 from BT games those few days ago, the dude at the counter said that Blizzard know what they're doing.

.... how d3 has morphed for me.

Last time I played friend power LVL'ed me, LVL70 took 30min.

We then spent 4hours having some fun.

Last time we started a season took us 4hours to get lvl70 with 4 players but the guys are much faster now.

Still super fun gameand soon on mobile lols

.... how d3 has morphed for me.

Last time I played friend power LVL'ed me, LVL70 took 30min.

We then spent 4hours having some fun.

Last time we started a season took us 4hours to get lvl70 with 4 players but the guys are much faster now.

Still super fun gameand soon on mobile lols

Yeh, although I wonder what phone you would need to run Immortals smoothly?

Just a headsup. Destiny 2 is now free to play. It obviously excludes all the new dlc stuff. Still, its a pretty polished game to get for nada. All you need is a blizzard account. The battlenet app will gift you the game. The offer expires November 18th. If you get it before then its yours to play forever.

https://youtu.be/hdWkpbPTpmE

Just a headsup. Destiny 2 is now free to play. It obviously excludes all the new dlc stuff. Still, its a pretty polished game to get for nada. All you need is a blizzard account. The battlenet app will gift you the game. The offer expires November 18th. If you get it before then its yours to play forever.

https://youtu.be/hdWkpbPTpmE

Yip, got it as a gift from Blizzard, it felt like an early Christmas. Now it's just to download it.

Edit: I see here:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/destiny-2/15764

that my rig wouldn't make the cut for recommended spec, I would need to upgrade the video card for the game to run lekker :-/

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Is there any form of single player in Destiny 2? I've barely had any time to game the last few months, nevermind attempt multiplayer, so something short and pretty would suffice.

Yip, got it as a gift from Blizzard, it felt like an early Christmas. Now it's just to download it.

Edit: I see here:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/destiny-2/15764

that my rig wouldn't make the cut for recommended spec, I would need to upgrade the video card for the game to run lekker :-/

I have a mid tier machine. RX480 gpu, 16bg ddr4 and an i5 6600k. Nothing OC'd.

I actually mentioned this earlier to friends in our whatsapp gamers group.

Destiny 2 must be one of the best optimized games I've played in a while.

The visuals are nothing short of breathtaking. And it runs butter smooth. Frames for days.

Its as if I had a much better computer. Temperatures are also kept really low. 

The gameplay is also engineered really well. Movement and combat is crisp and accurate. Come to think of it, games like these suggest that other developers really have no excuse when it comes to badly optimized games. Proof that a game can be both beautiful and responsive without hogging too many resources. 

So give it a go. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Is there any form of single player in Destiny 2? I've barely had any time to game the last few months, nevermind attempt multiplayer, so something short and pretty would suffice.

I'm still not sure how this game is setup. Or how to play the different modes tbh.

I launched the game in a series of next/yes/ok to get going. There wasn't much options beyond some basic settings. It launched what I assumed was the campaign. Which I played alone. Then I proceeded to the next level where suddenly I was co-opped with someone else. So I'm not sure. This all happened on its own though. I have no clue how to play a pvp game or how that would even work. But I look forward to trying it out.

They carved out quite a creative universe. But at the expense of some really cheesy presentation. Robots and aliens aren't exactly groundbreaking game content. But it also throws in some magic and prophecy type *** to mix up with all the intergalactic tech stuff.  

In some ways the game tries too hard to engage you into the story in this epic save the world type fashion. With some cringe humour thrown in. It also feels a too easy but then I only played it for a few minutes. The actual game play itself makes up for all of that though.

Destiny 2 has single player open world type thingy, you can do the missions by yourself or with help of friends (upto 12 per group).

The single campain is quite fun we have played a bit (level 6 now).

If your creating your blizzard account fresh you need to activate sms authentication for the gift to be sent.

The game is very optimized and runs beautiful, Friend plays with a 5850 ati, i5, 8gb ram.

He did mention open sky area drops frames quite a lot however.

Pretty good cast of voice actors as well. 

Gina Torres from Suits.

Nathan Fillion from Firefly

and Lance Reddick from The Wire. 

So I think its fair to say the game is pretty focused on campaign and story unraveling. 

I'll download Destiny 2 tonight then, but first I want to get through D3 and then eventually get back to Starcraft 2. So baie fantasties from Blizzard.

I'll download Destiny 2 tonight then, but first I want to get through D3 and then eventually get back to Starcraft 2. So baie fantasties from Blizzard.

I got into Hearth Stone for a while and levelled up my hunter to lvl45. 

I got the Destiny 2 gift but my Mac meets all the requirement except for one :P 

Oh and since we're on the topic of freebies. Battlefield 1 is now free on xbox live.

I have a long history with the franchise and I've never played any of the campaigns till now.

Its good! The only reason I gave it a go was because you're allowed to play certain content if you're far enough in your download. So after about 40% of the game was downloaded I could play the campaign while I waited for the rest of the game to download.

Anyone who buys bf usually dive straight into the online pvp frenzie.

And its such a shame that the campaign gets overlooked because they really put so much effort into it. While online matches are pretty intense. The campaign focuses a lot more on stealth, recon and tactical play. Which is quite surprising. AI is good too and the war stories are quite immersive. My favourite was playing Zara in the Lawrence of Arabia story. For a franchise that is pretty much focused on gun play. Wielding a sword while on horseback in an Arabian desert is pretty cool and they pulled it off nicely. 

https://youtu.be/Bbv_q9F-W_o

I got into Hearth Stone for a while and levelled up my hunter to lvl45. 

I got the Destiny 2 gift but my Mac meets all the requirement except for one :P

Ahem, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm are two other Blizzard titles I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

WOW and most old titles are outdated for me now even the new releases flogging a dead horse .. try crusaders of light rather .. all grindy though unless u spend or put in the hours its useless.

Diablo 3 puts me to sleep faster then any game .. and i loved original diablo... boring same map grinding .

warcraft 3 builders turned into DOTA .. im not into builders/strategy tho like starcraft ..

actually dl'd battlefield vietnam off pirates bay other day super fun oldskool ..

i need fast pace high action pvp moba or its all boring fast unfortunately ...