Jozi Audax 2013 2.0

Speed Racer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day except for the 60km stretch into the wind :mellow:

Too right. Cruised to Heidelburg in super quick time. After this the wind tried to blow us back from whence we came. Climbing Impala and Butcher's at the end with 180km in our legs was a nice touch. Sorry to not have made your acquaintance yesterday, Crasher. What kit were you in?

F Tech kit but had the yellow windbreaker over and was riding the Scott

What kit were you in ?

F Tech kit but had the yellow windbreaker over and was riding the Scott

What kit were you in ?

Think I saw you at 3 Rivers. Will catch you next time :-)I was in Gerolsteiner jersey on black Cannondale. U riding next month?

Yes I want to I have done the last 3 and wanted to do all 5 leading up to the 300 in October.

I think though that its the EPR race on the Saturday so dont know if I will cope with a 120km race on the Sat and then the 200 on the Sunday so might have to choose one or the other or maybe I must just HTFU :whistling:

Yes I want to I have done the last 3 and wanted to do all 5 leading up to the 300 in October.

I think though that its the EPR race on the Saturday so dont know if I will cope with a 120km race on the Sat and then the 200 on the Sunday so might have to choose one or the other or maybe I must just HTFU :whistling:

Nice. Doing the EPR and 200 on consecutive days sounds like perfect preparation for the 300 ;-)

Edited by Speed Racer

• 2 weeks later...

After spending most of the year in the East and the South, Audax heads North in August, and is organised by Cresta Wheelers.

Details:

Date: Sunday 25/8/2013

Start: 0700

Venue: Randburg Sports Centre, Randburg

Route: Randburg-Pelindaba-Magaliesburg-Randburg (same route as Ian Kernick 2012)

Please use existing entry forms (www.audaxsa.co.za), but send entry forms and proof of payment to barryshaw@icon.co.za.. Details can also be found at www.crestawheelers.co.za. Barry Shaw is the organizer and can be contacted on 0833252051 or barryshaw@icon.co.za.

Please note that the Ian Kernick will still happen on 1/12/2013 as advertised.

After spending most of the year in the East and the South, Audax heads North in August, and is organised by Cresta Wheelers.

Details:

Date: Sunday 25/8/2013

Start: 0700

Venue: Randburg Sports Centre, Randburg

Route: Randburg-Pelindaba-Magaliesburg-Randburg (same route as Ian Kernick 2012)

Please use existing entry forms (www.audaxsa.co.za), but send entry forms and proof of payment to barryshaw@icon.co.za.. Details can also be found at www.crestawheelers.co.za. Barry Shaw is the organizer and can be contacted on 0833252051 or barryshaw@icon.co.za.

Please note that the Ian Kernick will still happen on 1/12/2013 as advertised.

so the one on the audax schedule of 200km from Lido is no longer taking place on the 25 Aug? or is that still happening together with this one

so the one on the audax schedule of 200km from Lido is no longer taking place on the 25 Aug? or is that still happening together with this one

The event on 25/8 is going ahead, but will start at Randburg Sports Club (Home of Cresta Wheelers) instead of the Lido. Hope you can join is.

• 2 weeks later...

A small field of 12 riders attempted today's Audax. There were a number of riders attempting their first 200km ride. With 2700m of climbing this was the toughest Audax of the year. We were on the road for almost eleven hours riding with the newbies. Well done to all participants. Thanks to Barry and Cresta Wheelers for organizing a great day out.

So sad to of missed this had plans to do the EPR and this but still trying to recover from my taxi incident :thumbdown:

A small field of 12 riders attempted today's Audax. There were a number of riders attempting their first 200km ride. With 2700m of climbing this was the toughest Audax of the year. We were on the road for almost eleven hours riding with the newbies. Well done to all participants. Thanks to Barry and Cresta Wheelers for organizing a great day out.

Well done :thumbup: (and I was complaining at EPR because it was windy :whistling: )

So sad to of missed this had plans to do the EPR and this but still trying to recover from my taxi incident :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear about this. You okay? What happened?

Well done :thumbup: (and I was complaining at EPR because it was windy :whistling: )

Thanks. We had a couple of riders in our bunch who also did EPR. Tough ask doing back-to-back rides. Fortunately wind wasn't too much of an issue. Think it was much worse on Saturday :-( Fine tailwind from Pelindaba to Magaliesburg!

typical... my first audax ride and I chose the hardest!! :eek: well certainly it can only get easier... had a lot of fun though but would have been nicer if there was more people (finished in 7 1/2 hours, my butt is still not talking to me) :unsure:

Its good to see that there is a lot of new people doing the audax series. I did it back in 2007 and wasn't very popular. Although I had great fun. We were about 12 to 16 people that went to do the PBP.