Does the Specialized Demo Castrate World Champs?????

Peach.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the secret to gwin's success so far is faulty brakes. They obbviously took it too far at worlds when it 'failed'. But now that he is riding with brakes that actually work (Avid codes), things are obviously very different.

:P

No i think they were just binding all the way down the hill!

Guest Omega Man

9 seconds off the win is 3 mistakes on that track. The fact that he ended so far down speaks of the quality of the field not of the bike.

those gaps between the trees are skinnier than a Milan runway models legs

Sounds like something Rob Warner would say... :lol:

good point...happened when hill started dominating, everyone just upped their game....

Sam Hill became fat and lazy. It's easier for everyone to 'up their game' if the winner goes backwards as well. Crashing so badly at Fort Bill 2 years ago didnt help matters.

My sneaky thought is, all his problems are hanging aroudn his neck...

Guest Omega Man

Exactly. My Avids do that when I look at them!

You are supposed to let the lever go every now and then.

Sam Hill became fat and lazy. It's easier for everyone to 'up their game' if the winner goes backwards as well. Crashing so badly at Fort Bill 2 years ago didnt help matters.

My sneaky thought is, all his problems are hanging aroudn his neck...

Yep, once confidence is gone, you wont win now matter what you ride....its a big aspect of DH I reckon, having the balls to hit those corners, rocks and jumps and not pulling brakes.

He hasn't been the same since....watched 3 minute gaps again yesterday....still a likeable guy, unlike gwin

You are supposed to let the lever go every now and then.

I do very very occasionally do that (not often though!), but not while walking up the track.

Guest Omega Man

I do very very occasionally do that (not often though!), but not while walking up the track.

Ah well. You can always HOPE for a solution......

In 2006 - 2007, he won 2 consecutive world championships and placed 2nd and 1st (respectively) overall. That was all on Iron Horse. I'm not saying it was the bike, but he definitely hasn't performed like that with Spesh.

I stand to be corrected, but I think his junior titles were also on Iron Horse

Tried to do a countback...not sure if both were, but, like you, stand to be corrected. He was very consistent in his first year on Spesh, then plagued by injury. But even then he posted plenty top 10s.

• 2 weeks later...