Confessions of a double poster

Double poster

Admin::::

What if someones wife wanted a hub account and used the same pc/ipad/wifi???

Is there any way to make it legit then???

Many of the 500 accounts mentioned are this sort of scenario: family members / colleagues / friends sharing the same device(s) or connection.

Many others are people who've created an account and forgotten usernames / passwords and created another.

For this reason it would be unfair to announce all matching accounts and label them all as 'double posters'. Such accounts are allowed and of course would not be banned.

As I've mentioned, it's not an exact science: the system catches all shared accounts, but the trouble makers are very easy to pick out. These systems allow us to confirm suspicions and take appropriate action with confidence.

I will be working through all matched accounts to filter out the legit ones and ban any "real" double posters, i.e. trouble makers.

Any double posters who are banned as a result will be announced in the existing thread:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/127266-duplicate-accounts-offenders-and-suspension-policy/

However, this is a lengthy process and will take time to work through the list.

The most value comes in being able to assess any trouble makers / reported posts day-to-day to see if these are double posters and take action.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahaha! He's a skinny-ish dude!

If they were all outed there'd be about -364 members according to this:

636 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

315 members, 296 guests, 25 anonymous users

I promise its not me, I can't manage one profile let alone multiple accounts.

What is you suffer from multiple personality disorder, are you allowed too have 2/3/4 accounts?

I promise its not me, I can't manage one profile let alone multiple accounts.

What is you suffer from multiple personality disorder, are you allowed too have 2/3/4 accounts?

I suppose in that instance the 2 / 3 / 4 personalities would have distinctively different traits, intentions and views. Probably different email addresses as well, so they would be legitimate users!