TriRock Durban

davem

I stay in La Mercy have to travel south bound and north bound, both carriage ways are gravel road at the moment !

They working on it but at a snails pace !

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stay in La Mercy have to travel south bound and north bound, both carriage ways are gravel road at the moment !

They working on it but at a snails pace !

Eish!

Regarding the temperature, if over 23 then no wetsuits , unlikely to b e over 23 though but you never know. I swim in speedo anyway so no worries unless it gets below 14

According to the organizers, the City has indicated that there will be a surface to ride on other than gravel....

According to the organizers, the City has indicated that there will be a surface to ride on other than gravel....

that's cutting it fine, how long is this section?

Hi Guys

I've never done one of these triathlons. Is it safe to leave your bike GPS in your bike transition bag overnight? I don't have a gps or triathlon watch so am keen to use my bike GPS but can't swim with it obviously.

Cheers

Hi Guys

I've never done one of these triathlons. Is it safe to leave your bike GPS in your bike transition bag overnight? I don't have a gps or triathlon watch so am keen to use my bike GPS but can't swim with it obviously.

Cheers

Put it on your bike morning of the race. No need to leave it overnight

that's cutting it fine, how long is this section?

About 4kms.  We rode the gravel section a couple of weeks ago.  It was hell, felt like 40kms!  We usually bomb down from Umdlhoti to the river at 60+kmh and I don't think any of us managed more than 15kmh on the gravel.  Plus 2 guys punctured.

But they have promised that at least one lane will have a smooth layer of tar on it by next weekend.

So can you gain access to your bike and kit that morning? Would it be a bad idea to leave your phone there too?

Absolutely you have access to your bike....you have to pump your tires, put bottles on the bike, etc.

You arent allowed to have your phone with you as far as I'm aware.

http://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_19022014v2-highlighted.pdf

Page 28....no mobile phones

About 4kms.  We rode the gravel section a couple of weeks ago.  It was hell, felt like 40kms!  We usually bomb down from Umdlhoti to the river at 60+kmh and I don't think any of us managed more than 15kmh on the gravel.  Plus 2 guys punctured.

But they have promised that at least one lane will have a smooth layer of tar on it by next weekend.

Thanks ..4 kays times 2 is a long way, nearly 10% of the distance ...too much ..and as you say a puncture will ruin a race potentially.

Really looking forward to the event .....I trust it will have one lane useable...

Any update on this please?

This is rather concerning. Guess this means one should carry some additional spares

Archived